Smiles

Forum-related questions, complaints and discussion...
kingliveson

Smiles

Post by kingliveson » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Couple ladies have complained about not enough smiles for expressions -- one even used the word sexist. Please look into it.

Thanks
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Smiles

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:49 pm

kingliveson wrote:Couple ladies have complained about not enough smiles for expressions -- one even used the word sexist. Please look into it.

Thanks
Of course, I could deal with smilies problems the way some chess engine developers deal with permanent hash bugs... :mrgreen:

This is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. The moment that we have 4000 smilies available, everyone who's here to be serious will complain that it's annoying to read. If I don't do it, I'm sexist or something? You really want to be some kind of green princess with crooked teeth holding up a sign that says "sarcasm ahead"?

I'll look into it... maybe this is a good opportunity to test out polls.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:59 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
kingliveson wrote:Couple ladies have complained about not enough smiles for expressions -- one even used the word sexist. Please look into it.

Thanks
Of course, I could deal with smilies problems the way some chess engine developers deal with permanent hash bugs... :mrgreen:

This is one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations. The moment that we have 4000 smilies available, everyone who's here to be serious will complain that it's annoying to read. If I don't do it, I'm sexist or something? You really want to be some kind of green princess with crooked teeth holding up a sign that says "sarcasm ahead"?

Let me get this straight, you want to take a poll on request made by few females in a male dominated server. :lol:
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:02 pm

kingliveson wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

Thanks

Let me get this straight, you want to take a poll on request made by few females in a male dominated server. :lol:
I didn't say that the results of the poll had anything to do with the decision, did I? Maybe one of the ladies in question could contact me with a link to a small set of smilies that would be acceptable. The green smilies pack is too big.

Jeremy

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks
Smiles, hell. I have already had to change my avatar because several people appear to be offended by it. Hope no one minds me doing a bit of vampire hunting. (By vampire of course, I mean those that would suck the blood of computer chess enthusiast for profit.)
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Kevin Frayer wrote:

Thanks
Smiles, hell. I have already had to change my avatar because several people appear to be offended by it. Hope no one minds me doing a bit of vampire hunting. (By vampire of course, I mean those that would suck the blood of computer chess enthusiast for profit.)
Interested parties may find some new smilies on the other side of the "View more smilies" link on the posting page. Please go easy... :icon_wink

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:24 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

Thanks

i think your telepathicaly attatched to azzy from schmucomortal sorry we are dislexical :) and the sarcasams been attempted allready but realy ,,,green and poorlly dentised .. not from Germany nor Ireland darling :)

btw ,,fangs for the memories van frayer . very hammer and sycle like comrade :D
Nothing is ever truly lost , just miss placed and awaiting us

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Angel wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:

Thanks

i think your telepathicaly attatched to azzy from schmucomortal sorry we are dislexical :) and the sarcasams been attempted allready but realy ,,,green and poorlly dentised .. not from Germany nor Ireland darling :)

btw ,,fangs for the memories van frayer . very hammer and sycle like comrade :D
I conflated this:
icon_ironieteufel.gif
icon_ironieteufel.gif (1.46 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
with this:
icon_prinzessin1.gif
icon_prinzessin1.gif (3.29 KiB) Viewed 5124 times
and clearly misremembered the teeth. Anyway, I hope you like the new selection.

Jeremy

Angel

Post by Angel » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
Kevin Frayer wrote:

Thanks
Interested parties may find some new smilies on the other side of the "View more smilies" link on the posting page. Please go easy... :icon_wink
if you see any of those as female , please feed your guide dog and ask someone what a frau looks like ,,or see our chat page on gmail :p
Nothing is ever truly lost , just miss placed and awaiting us

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Angel wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:Interested parties may find some new smilies on the other side of the "View more smilies" link on the posting page. Please go easy... :icon_wink
if you see any of those as female , please feed your guide dog and ask someone what a frau looks like ,,or see our chat page on gmail :p
Look on pages 3 and 4. You're welcome.