Chess Programming Wiki

General discussion about computer chess...
thevinenator

Chess Programming Wiki

Post by thevinenator » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 pm

I searched for something that landed me on one of the Chess Programming Wiki pages.

I was greeted with popup that indicated Wikispaces will be going away.

Will this affect the Chess Programming pages and if so, is there a plan to move them elsewhere?
"An Engine's strength flows from the Search. But beware, pruning, extensions, reductions; the dark side of the Search are they. Once you start down the dark path, it will dominate and consume you, as it has to so many developers before.” -- Yoda

mjlef

Re: Chess Programming Wiki

Post by mjlef » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Yes, we are in the process of moving the site. Unfortunately, TES, the company that hosts the wiki, does not offer a format compatible with regular wiki sites. Quite bizarre. I even asked to buy the wikispaces software and they refused. We have downloaded copies of what they do have in a few formats, and it will take a lot of manual work to recreate it elsewhere. In the process, it is likely the discussions and logins will be destroyed since they do not have a way of downloading that. So users might have to reregister.

We are still looking at alternatives. The worst case would be us having to divide the pages up, and needing to reformat and relink them. If it come tot that. Gerd and I will ask for people to volunteer to help out as they have free time. But we will save the site one way or the other.

Anyway, we have time, so we are trying to find the best way to handle it. A wiki expert has even setup a test site while we decide. You know, people are really almost all very nice.

Mark

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:48 pm

Has chess programming wiki now a new place ?

yggeorgo

Post by yggeorgo » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:04 pm

Hi all,

How can one create an account for the new chess programming wiki spaces?
https://www.chessprogramming.org/Main_Page