Bankster

General discussion about computer chess...
Harvey Williamson

Re: Bankster

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote: We understand you live off taxpayer largesse of course, although that won't last too much longer as Al Beebejeera gets cut back. Meanwhile, good choice for no pay possible ever as the side job ;-)
At least I am not a sad old computer Chess has been who has nothing better to do than troll.
Funny!

Your assumption is unsound, although prevalent here. When a field is finished it is best to exit (early) with as much gold as possible to do other things. The has beens are those that stick around pointlessly in a dying field because they have nowhere else to go.
Lol then I do not count myself in that as in the last 7 days I met the French President (and his wife :-) ) I also met Sir Geoff Hurst. Not a bad week. Who knows what the next 7 days will bring.
Sadly, the tedious name dropping fails to reflect in your own personality or achievements. Meeting cool people as part of the day job is no substitute for being one yourself.

What have you ever achieved? This year I got an IM title that will be ratified in September. I have won the British Correspondence Chess Championship. I have worked on Sony award winning Radio programmes. I am very happy. Oh and last year Hiarcs was the 1st winner of the Theo van de Storm trophy in Leiden.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote: We understand you live off taxpayer largesse of course, although that won't last too much longer as Al Beebejeera gets cut back. Meanwhile, good choice for no pay possible ever as the side job ;-)
At least I am not a sad old computer Chess has been who has nothing better to do than troll.
Funny!

Your assumption is unsound, although prevalent here. When a field is finished it is best to exit (early) with as much gold as possible to do other things. The has beens are those that stick around pointlessly in a dying field because they have nowhere else to go.
Lol then I do not count myself in that as in the last 7 days I met the French President (and his wife :-) ) I also met Sir Geoff Hurst. Not a bad week. Who knows what the next 7 days will bring.
Sadly, the tedious name dropping fails to reflect in your own personality or achievements. Meeting cool people as part of the day job is no substitute for being one yourself.

What have you ever achieved? This year I got an IM title that will be ratified in September. I have won the British Correspondence Chess Championship. I have worked on Sony award winning Radio programmes. I am very happy. Oh and last year Hiarcs was the 1st winner of the Theo van de Storm trophy in Leiden.
Well. I guess a man reaches the age of fifty or so and looks back, either he's made it or he hasn't, by whatever criteria he uses. If you feel you have, well done. For me, love is an important aspect, as are children. Material well being is a great help of course, but not everything.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Funny!

Well. I guess a man reaches the age of fifty or so and looks back, either he's made it or he hasn't, by whatever criteria he uses. If you feel you have, well done. For me, love is an important aspect, as are children. Material well being is a great help of course, but not everything.
I have a few years to go to reach 50 but I agree those things are very important also

Hood

Post by Hood » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote: This year I got an IM title that will be ratified in September. I have won the British Correspondence Chess Championship.
Most of the people who do have access to the 4-cores do have SIM title. So having access to 8-,16-,64- cores machine and IM title only, is it the achievement, really ?

rgds Hood
Smolensk 2010. Murder or accident... Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programms. There are programms with undiscovered bugs.
Alleluia.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Hood wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: This year I got an IM title that will be ratified in September. I have won the British Correspondence Chess Championship.
Most of the people who do have access to the 4-cores do have SIM title. So having access to 8-,16-,64- cores machine and IM title only, is it the achievement, really ?

rgds Hood

Thanks Hetman, any evidence for that claim?

Hood

Post by Hood » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:So this is not the 'Open' forum it claims to be?
I understand that forum is open but trolling is forbidden. It seems that you are busy with that.

Alleluia.

Hood

Post by Hood » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Thanks Hetman, any evidence for that claim?
I.E SIM Schoen.

It looks that you know better then me who i am. It is a direct way to the mental clinic.

Hood

Alleluia.

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:58 am

Now Bankster and Conkie have deleted my CCC Avatar of "The Turk". Does it say somewhere in the CCC Charter that I am not allowed to have an Avatar of "The Turk". :lol: Everyday, it gets more and more ridiculous over there. I suggest that once a new CCC moderation board is elected that we start a new thread at the CCC called: "The CCC Nuremberg Trials" and get to the bottom of this nonsense, so it does not happen again in the future.

Cordially,

Sean

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Sean Evans wrote:Now Bankster and Conkie have deleted my CCC Avatar of "The Turk". Does it say somewhere in the CCC Charter that I am not allowed to have an Avatar of "The Turk". :lol: Everyday, it gets more and more ridiculous over there. I suggest that once a new CCC moderation board is elected that we start a new thread at the CCC called: "The CCC Nuremberg Trials" and get to the bottom of this nonsense, so it does not happen again in the future.

Cordially,

Sean
Do you mean that 800x600 avatar of yours? :lol: I think 80x80 is the accepted though never enforced. Besides, it could just be a broken link.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:47 pm

kingliveson wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:Now Bankster and Conkie have deleted my CCC Avatar of "The Turk". Does it say somewhere in the CCC Charter that I am not allowed to have an Avatar of "The Turk". :lol: Everyday, it gets more and more ridiculous over there. I suggest that once a new CCC moderation board is elected that we start a new thread at the CCC called: "The CCC Nuremberg Trials" and get to the bottom of this nonsense, so it does not happen again in the future.

Cordially,

Sean
Do you mean that 800x600 avatar of yours? :lol: I think 80x80 is the accepted though never enforced. Besides, it could just be a broken link.
Nope, I tried uploading another Avatar and it was deleted. My Avatar was not against the CCC Charter or the limits of the forum board. Again, you have a small group of people at CCC making up their own rules!

Cordially,

Sean