Despite any misunderstandings...

General discussion about computer chess...
Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Despite any misunderstandings...

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:17 am

Just to be clear. Although Sam Hull has weighed in on the "proximate" issue at CCC and told Graham Banks that he was out of line wrt aggressive moderation/censorship, I am committed to the founding and growth of OpenChess. I will continue to serve out my term as moderator there, but my focus will be here. It's important to have an independent forum, free of commercial influence, free of moderator interference and especially free of the "if the mods don't do it how I think it should be done, I'm telling mom" attitude that's pervasive at talkchess.

Anyway, no more rants from me. I just wanted to confirm that OpenChess isn't not going anywhere.

Jeremy

ha anh

Re: Despite any misunderstandings...

Post by ha anh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:27 am

Great, you are a man of his words. I've been on CCC for around a year but never register there. I hope this site will keep to its name - Open Chess

And thanks for your effort :-)

checkmate4u

Re: Despite any misunderstandings...

Post by checkmate4u » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:31 am

I am new joined member of this forum and want to express my gratitude and like to thanks to people how stood stand on their principal
i hv been a member of more then five chess forum and always found that the freedom of expression is curbed ....As we in 21 century and i found it a little odd when moderator for his commercial point to favour someone and be bias ...and i found it moreor less very where but my sincere thanks to the people who hv shown courage and stand and fight against it and tell them that freedom is every bodys right ,a right to expression ,right to information,basic human right .......................................

my best regard to the people who fought against any monolopies and those who curb freedom.......

best wishes

wayne lowrance

Engine bashing

Post by wayne lowrance » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:39 pm

I certainly hope there will not be any Engine bashing here, Leave Vas alone. Lets keep it clean, ok, no bias, no assumptions about program origins.
If this be the case I think it will be a great place for chess.
Wayne

thorstenczub

Re: Engine bashing

Post by thorstenczub » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:54 pm

wayne lowrance wrote:I certainly hope there will not be any Engine bashing here, Leave Vas alone. Lets keep it clean, ok, no bias, no assumptions about program origins.
Wayne
why should anybody here bash an engine ? we are the customers of those engines.

CPU

Re: Engine bashing

Post by CPU » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:54 pm

wayne lowrance wrote:I certainly hope there will not be any Engine bashing here, Leave Vas alone. Lets keep it clean, ok, no bias, no assumptions about program origins.
Wayne
+1