Threads Destroyed! Concerning Forum Rules...

General discussion about computer chess...
Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 pm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Destroyed = The-A-R-B-Chess-System-wikispaces.com

2. Are not abusive in nature
3. Do not contain personal and/or libelous attacks on others (not restricted to forum members)

Below are the Opposite to the Forum Rules Above!

Postby thorstenczub » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:47 pm
why do you spam this forum ?

Postby Daniel Anulliero » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 am
hey mr arb
Do you have some respect for someone ?
Stop please to spamming the forum with your sh..... things
I'm happy to see you're banned from talkchess , hope soon here too lol
Your system is just like the air guitar !! :-D:-D
Daniel Anulliero

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Destroyed = Komodo Chess Program Crushed!! - Using The A.R.B Chess System

2. Are not abusive in nature
3. Do not contain personal and/or libelous attacks on others (not restricted to forum members)

Below are the Opposite to the Forum Rules Above!

Postby thorstenczub » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 pm
why do you spam this forum ?

Postby thorstenczub » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:03 pm
why do you spam this forum with your postings ??

Postby Daniel Anulliero » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:12 pm
Why do you spam this forum?

Anthony.R.Brown 20/10/2013
<@> {PROXY SERVERS No.1} <@> FOR UNLIMITED FUN! BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS PLAYING!

thorstenczub

Re: Threads Destroyed! Concerning Forum Rules...

Post by thorstenczub » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:36 pm

maybe you can explain to me why you post 11 threads called A.R.B. in the general chess forum of open chess.

i call this spam.

if somebody puts 11 letters into my letter box i would not call this a normal message or content.
why don't you post in 1 thread. why the need to make 11 or even more ??

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:38 pm

After his last outburst, Anthony R. Brown has been permanently banned from OpenChess. We are determining whether his posts should be eliminated or saved for posterity.

Jeremy

BB+

Post by BB+ » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:58 pm

I do like the fact that he tracked down some old posts of Thorsten Czub and asked him why he was spamming the forum... :-) Nothing like pointless retaliation in the face of defeat.

zullil

Post by zullil » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:12 am

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:After his last outburst, Anthony R. Brown has been permanently banned from OpenChess.

Jeremy
Thank you!

To be honest, I was "this close" to abandoning this site for good, having had my fill of A.R.B over at TalkChess.

Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:31 am

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:After his last outburst, Anthony R. Brown has been permanently banned from OpenChess. We are determining whether his posts should be eliminated or saved for posterity.

Jeremy
Thank you !
Our forum can restart with normal discussions ;)

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:06 am

BB+ wrote:I do like the fact that he tracked down some old posts of Thorsten Czub and asked him why he was spamming the forum... :-) Nothing like pointless retaliation in the face of defeat.
Spite checks!

jb

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:33 am

zullil wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:After his last outburst, Anthony R. Brown has been permanently banned from OpenChess.

Jeremy
Thank you!

To be honest, I was "this close" to abandoning this site for good, having had my fill of A.R.B over at TalkChess.
Then I'm glad we acted in the nick of time. I do apologize that it took so long, but we really try to give even *cough* difficult forum members the benefit of the doubt before taking action. Anthony was warned a few weeks ago and we had a short PM exchange in very frank language late last week. But he apparently wasn't prepared to accept our modest requests regarding his behavior, so well, the boot was necessary. So, yeah, sorry for the avoidable spam. We're going to leave his posts (for now), since I think it's good that other members see why this person was banned, rather than simply disappearing him.

The simple fact of being annoying isn't against the rules at OC, but we might need to add something to those rules to make the Michael Is Great and Anthony R. Brown cases easier to snip off in the bud, and without feeling like tyrants. If anyone wants to propose a concise amendment which doesn't permit too much interpretation and potential for abuse by unenlightened gorillas, such as the ones moderating this forum, I'm open to suggestions.

Jeremy

ChessDrone

Post by ChessDrone » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 am

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:If anyone wants to propose a concise amendment which doesn't permit too much interpretation and potential for abuse by unenlightened gorillas, such as the ones moderating this forum, I'm open to suggestions.

Jeremy
yes sir, I suggest
A.R.B attitude (I guess it is concise)

Finaly it has managed to be known for his Immeasurable BOring Spam System aTtitude - IBOSST. (that's how he would have written I think)

Carlos Ylich

Post by Carlos Ylich » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello to all,

I am against bans.
I myself was banned from Immortal forum a few days ago and I know that this was because some people felt uncomfortable when questioned its authoritarian attitudes.
Banning is like killing, goes something valuable and nothing put in its place.
Limiting yes, ban ever. Even a boring person is their right, it can be limited in their rights but never banned! :!: