Don Dailey

General discussion about computer chess...
kingliveson

Don Dailey

Post by kingliveson » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 am

The following was posted on talkchess:

Don Dailey, my partner in the Komodo venture, has been transferred to a palliative care unit in the hospital. His leukemia has progressed to the point of no return, and he probably has only days left to live. His wife Mary agreed that it was better to inform the community of this rather than to wait until he dies to say anything. Don is at least glad to hear that Komodo will probably be in the TCEC final; hopefully he will at least live long enough to see that become definite. Don is 57 years old; a full obituary will appear here at the appropriate time.
Komodo will continue as a partnership between me and Mark Lefler, with Mary Dailey receiving an equal share of the proceeds. I'm in the hospital myself now, but I should be going home tomorrow with no further trouble expected.

Larry Kaufman

My prayers go out to the Dailey family.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Dave Mitchell

Re: Don Dailey

Post by Dave Mitchell » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:22 am

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Don, his family, and his friends, as they struggle through this time.

zullil

Post by zullil » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:01 am

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 am

I got an email from Don about a month ago, asking if I'd looked at the Go programming language. He was in the process of learning it, and thought it had some features that I might like.

I am certain that Don's energy and curiosity accompany him on his further travels, and wish him a very fond adieu.