"Closing the Subject" of Nigalidze

General discussion about computer chess...
BB+

"Closing the Subject" of Nigalidze

Post by BB+ » Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 am

From his opponent (Petrosian) in the cheating incident at the Dubai Open. http://chess-news.ru/en/node/19103
Tigran Petrosian wrote:I recently received a letter of apology from Gaioz Nigalidze, and therefore would like to express my position publicly. ...

Gaioz, I forgive you, because anyone can make a mistake. And I think that we should give a man a chance, but only if he acknowledges his mistake. After your letter I think you have acknowledged yours.

But in chess, as in life, there are laws that must be followed. I also believe that you should be disqualified for your actions. The rest is for FIDE and those who are responsible for this matter to decide.

And a few words about Zurab Azmaiparashvili. ...

The excuse that Gaioz using a weak program is comparable to light doping is wrong - how can a professional like Zurab not know that help even from a weak chess program would be enough to win a game against a grandmaster?

Finally. I'm sorry if Nigalidze has any problems in the family. I would advise Azmaiparashvili as a compatriot of Gaioz and as a man, that there are opportunities to help a chess player to cope with these problems. But we should not forget that the actions of Nigalidze also caused other people to suffer financially, and nobody knows what those victims' situations may be.

I hope that this will be my last involvement with this topic. For me it is closed, I received an apology, which I accept, and I know that a ban of some period will be imposed.

terrapene

Re: "Closing the Subject" of Nigalidze

Post by terrapene » Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 pm

BB+ wrote:From his opponent (Petrosian) in the cheating incident at the Dubai Open. http://chess-news.ru/en/node/19103
Tigran Petrosian wrote:I recently received a letter of apology from Gaioz Nigalidze, and therefore would like to express my position publicly. ...

Gaioz, I forgive you, because anyone can make a mistake. And I think that we should give a man a chance, but only if he acknowledges his mistake. After your letter I think you have acknowledged yours.

But in chess, as in life, there are laws that must be followed. I also believe that you should be disqualified for your actions. The rest is for FIDE and those who are responsible for this matter to decide.

And a few words about Zurab Azmaiparashvili. ...

The excuse that Gaioz using a weak program is comparable to light doping is wrong - how can a professional like Zurab not know that help even from a weak chess program would be enough to win a game against a grandmaster?

Finally. I'm sorry if Nigalidze has any problems in the family. I would advise Azmaiparashvili as a compatriot of Gaioz and as a man, that there are opportunities to help a chess player to cope with these problems. But we should not forget that the actions of Nigalidze also caused other people to suffer financially, and nobody knows what those victims' situations may be.

I hope that this will be my last involvement with this topic. For me it is closed, I received an apology, which I accept, and I know that a ban of some period will be imposed.
Amen, he acknowledged his mistake, and will now face the music.
too bad other voyous at all levels, FM Borislav Ivanov, IM Vasik Rajlich, GM Sebastien Feller, do not heed.
one apology is worth a 1000 denials.