Interesting things on PlayChess

General discussion about computer chess...
Eduard Nemeth

Re: Interesting things on PlayChess

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:40 am

It's sad what these Proteus accounts are doing. I'm sorry I have to say it like that. ProteusSF doesn't have a single friend on PlayChess. In the chat, everyone makes fun of these accounts. I have set all these accounts to ignore. Why? Because these accounts are only there to do elo posing and cherry picking. They don't want to play normally, because then everyone would see how weak they are, as you say. They've been doing it this way since the ProteusSF engine came along. And they always want to play for free, with as many accounts as possible. At one time, there were 8 free accounts running in parallel, which gave each other Elo points to get to the top. I've been playing with my account for years, always pay my 35 euros a year and have to watch these cheater pollute the server. That's why I'm writing this here in the forum.
Peace be with you!

igo3508@yandex.ru

Post by igo3508@yandex.ru » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:11 pm

Good afternoon - Can you tell me where else you can play with engines other than Playchess and Lichess? Thanks in advance

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:18 pm

igo3508@yandex.ru wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:11 pm
Good afternoon - Can you tell me where else you can play with engines other than Playchess and Lichess? Thanks in advance
InfinityChess:
http://www.infinitychess.com/

GUI free (only Windows)
Account free
Peace be with you!

igo3508@yandex.ru

Post by igo3508@yandex.ru » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:31 pm

Thank you

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:17 am

ProteusSF is back. Now the account is called ProteusSF-Official.

The same game again, he picks the best Elo opponents again in order to win individual Elos with a draw in manual cherry picking mode. It's no wonder that he couldn't win a single game but lost 5 times. He can't win against the best unless those opponents lose to disconnects. Other opponents are too weak for him, so he only plays against the best, as one of his testers said in chat!! :lol:

Is he really an Grandmaster? I doubt:

I also have a GM title, even an official FIDE title, unfortunately only Arena Grand Master (FIDE AGM onlinechess). :(
Peace be with you!

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:34 am

I would like to add that I am judging without looking at the people! Unfortunately, one of my former best friends is now a cherry picker on PlayChess. His account is Python. He recently complained in the German CSS forum that there was nothing going on on PlayChess, he wrote "Der Maschinenraum ist tot". That is not true. He himself (Python) contributes a lot when the server is destroyed. He was one of my best friends. I plead to all honest players: Ignore these all arrogant people!

Here I publicly criticized Python (Eddi):

https://forum.computerschach.de/cgi-bin ... ?tid=13886

Translate:

Eduard: You ruin the server for all honestly playing people, although the server is good, only you are unhappy. Go to Lichess. But I'll tell you in advance: you won't be happier there. I also have an account there and have played many engine games there. I'm not talking from hearsay (like you) but from personal experience.

Python:
Pathfinder plays against +-5 Elo players.

Eduard: With this you confirm that you always only use the manual mode, because even with the maximum formula that is not possible. A maximum of 3000 Elo can be set in the formula, after which you have to play against at least 90% of the opponents.

Python:
Python only plays against strong opponents.

Eduard: There are no strong or weak opponents. The strong are sometimes randomly strong and fall off again. Detti (Detlef Uter) has been No. 1 many times, but if he doesn't win for hours, he falls down like everyone else. This can't happen to you. If Detti has a better Elo then you play against him, but if he drops (after 50 draws in a row) then you say to yourself, I'll wait until Detti has become strong again, until then I won't play against Detti. That is disgusting! I really regret that you are playing with my Lc0 book because, despite your success, I have no sympathy for something like that. You will now forever be set to ignore by me, otherwise you don't deserve it.

Python:
No account tries to win against weak opponents.

Eduard: Yes, Detti (Detlef Uter) plays against everyone. And unfortunately he loses more Elo than he wins.

Python:
So I don't do cherry picking.
This is my test strategy of Lc0.

Eduard: Yes, you are one of the most dishonest players on the server. You're just bragging, otherwise nothing. You also boast when you won because of opponent's BUGs, etc. You boast when you won with killer variants from my book, like the other day where any engine would have won and not just Lc0. It's no coincidence that I'm good at judging things like that."
Peace be with you!

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:06 pm

ProteusSF-Official gets another 4 great Elo points after new 8 games, live picture:

Detlef Uter is currently in 1st place. ProteusSF comes immediately and challenges him manually in order to swindle individual Elos with draw games. And then he brags about it. Detlef Uter plays against everyone, whether Elo 3200 or Elo 2400. I can also boast that Detlef has been playing with my tournament book, which was specially made for him, for several years. Should ProteusSF play like this, will it ever become #1? By the way (new), Detlef Uter only plays with a laptop. :lol:
Peace be with you!

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:13 pm

:lol: live:

Cherry Picker ProteusSF-Official losed.
Peace be with you!

deeds

Post by deeds » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:40 pm

Hi Eduard, is it possible for a player to use his computer to play several games at the same time (concurrency > 1) on playchess or infinitychess or lichess or other chess servers ?

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:05 pm

With Fritz 18 it is possible to play with several accounts at the same time. I'm live on Playchess right now. However, I can launch a duplicate GUI by clicking the icon. It looks like this:

I don't particularly like it, but I tested it and it works. Some play with multiple accounts. The graphics don't require much power. It is important that the CPU cores are optimally distributed. If someone is playing with 16 threads, he can e.g. run 3 accounts (I tested it with 2 accounts, it works with 3 accounts too) and give each engine 5 threads. 3x5 is 15 threads and one thread is left for the system.
Peace be with you!