Wei Yi immortal chess game

General discussion about computer chess...
Homayoun

Re: Wei Yi immortal chess game

Post by Homayoun » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:12 am

Hi dear Sedat
No, Caissa doesn't suffer. I applied it wrongly. I start a blitz game with Caissa ( 4+2) and I imposed the moves to engines until sample position(Qh3) . Each time Caissa wanted to play another move, I imposed the moves of game. Then from move 17Qh3, I started to play as the white player and made
engine to move quickly. In this unfair condition engine chose the wrong move(g6).But when I set up the position and used engine in analysis mode Caissa find the correct move and variant very easy. So I personally made mistake and not the engine. Caissa 1.17 is very strong, much better than the previous version. I am using it for practicing chess960 and also for my daily classical game practice and analyze. The quality of engine is not less than stockfish. The ELO difference is very little.

Best regards

Sedat Canbaz

Re: Wei Yi immortal chess game

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:32 pm

Homayoun wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:12 am
Hi dear Sedat
No, Caissa doesn't suffer. I applied it wrongly. I start a blitz game with Caissa ( 4+2) and I imposed the moves to engines until sample position(Qh3) . Each time Caissa wanted to play another move, I imposed the moves of game. Then from move 17Qh3, I started to play as the white player and made
engine to move quickly. In this unfair condition engine chose the wrong move(g6).But when I set up the position and used engine in analysis mode Caissa find the correct move and variant very easy. So I personally made mistake and not the engine. Caissa 1.17 is very strong, much better than the previous version. I am using it for practicing chess960 and also for my daily classical game practice and analyze. The quality of engine is not less than stockfish. The ELO difference is very little.

Best regards
Correct...

I checked by myself Caissa 1.17 and preferred
The right move (via playing at 17th to Re8)

Anyhow,
I started to wonder which will be those engines,
Which will play at 17th to g6 ?) sure in my guess,
The ones, which will be more close to GMs levels...
Not sure...but later I may check and test..

Greetings