STS - Piece Specific EPD's

General discussion about computer chess...
Swaminathan

STS - Piece Specific EPD's

Post by Swaminathan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 am

Hi All,

Is there a shortcut/tools to collect all the 1000 positions and sort them into piece specific epd?

When the first move is Bishop move, then the tool should automatically send it to the file called STS-Bishop.epd..

I'd like to have STS-Bishop.epd, STS-Knight.epd, Queen, Rook and so on...

It would really help in piece value tuning.

Thanks to BTO7 for this idea.

PS: STS 11 is still in thorough testing stage, and hopefully will soon be released. It's about the activity of the King. When to use the king as an active piece, when to post it in more defensive square. STS 12 is about Center Control. Posting pieces in d4,e4,d5,e5 and try to control more squares from the center. It's also in thorough testing stage and is set to be released soon as well! 8-)
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite

Matthias Gemuh

Re: STS - Piece Specific EPD's

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Swaminathan wrote:Hi All,

Is there a shortcut/tools to collect all the 1000 positions and sort them into piece specific epd?

When the first move is Bishop move, then the tool should automatically send it to the file called STS-Bishop.epd..

PS: STS 11 is still in thorough testing stage, and hopefully will soon be released. It's about the activity of the King. When to use the king as an active piece, when to post it in more defensive square. STS 12 is about Center Control. Posting pieces in d4,e4,d5,e5 and try to control more squares from the center. It's also in thorough testing stage and is set to be released soon as well! 8-)
If nobody is faster at providing a tool, I will code it tomorrow.

Matthias.
Aided by engines, GMs can be very strong.
http://www.hylogic.de

Swaminathan

Post by Swaminathan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks, Mathias. This is thousand positions. It would take a lot of time If I do it manually. Add in another hundreds of positions in future. Such a tool would really be helpful! :)

Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi Swami,

inform me after download, so that I can delete it.

http://www.hugedrive.com/published/WG/s ... =-33862765

Matthias.
Aided by engines, GMs can be very strong.
http://www.hylogic.de

Swaminathan

Post by Swaminathan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 am

Brilliant Software. Thanks, Mathias! I just downloaded it! :)

BTO7

Post by BTO7 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:33 am

No thank you my friend. Your great test suit would of spawned the idea anyways. I thank you for even mentioning my name as I'm glad to help in any way i can. We all love and enjoy the game. Its good to see guys like you and others working hard so we all can enjoy this game more. I like to think of it as a brotherhood :)

Regards
BT

frankp

Post by frankp » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Is there an STS for king safety?

Swaminathan

Post by Swaminathan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:31 pm

frankp wrote:Is there an STS for king safety?
STS 11 will be about King activity, which includes both defense for the king and bringing the king to the center in late middlegame.

One could say that STS 8 also concerns king safety since it involves pushing up king side pawns at the right time.

robbolito

Post by robbolito » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi Swaminathan,
I have tried to replace the old EPD files with the new ones but than the STS program is not working or better say can't find the files after the testingis done.
Could you make another STS folder with these new files that would work normally.Or just to give us instructions what to do after the files are replaced and get the testing going.
Thank you for your help.