STS - Piece Specific EPD's

General discussion about computer chess...
Swaminathan

Re: STS - Piece Specific EPD's

Post by Swaminathan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:50 pm

robbolito wrote:Hi Swaminathan,
I have tried to replace the old EPD files with the new ones but than the STS program is not working or better say can't find the files after the testingis done.
Could you make another STS folder with these new files that would work normally.Or just to give us instructions what to do after the files are replaced and get the testing going.
Thank you for your help.
Download STS Stat 2.5
http://sites.google.com/site/strategict ... iginal.rar

Save it to C:\STS Stat 2.5
Load all 10 Epds from STS Stat 2.5 in Arena "Automatic Analysis" -> source.
Run log file once test is done.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite

robbolito

Post by robbolito » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi Swaminathan,
thank you for giving us the link to download STS Stat 2.5.
I already have that program and I am using it.Great stuff for engine evaluation.
I am talking about new EPD files from Mathias to replace 10 original files in the STS Stat so instead of 10 to have 5 more piece organized files for testing .
Is this replacement of the files going to change original configuration of the program so maybe that is why STS Stat is not working with 5 instead of 10 original EPD files.
This new 5 EPD files from Mathias could make for new evaluation of the engines that is more piece oriented.
Now can you or somebody else make new STS Stat with 5 EPD files inside.
That would be great and I am looking forward slightly different way of testing.

Swaminathan

Post by Swaminathan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:43 pm

robbolito wrote:Hi Swaminathan,
thank you for giving us the link to download STS Stat 2.5.
I already have that program and I am using it.Great stuff for engine evaluation.
I am talking about new EPD files from Mathias to replace 10 original files in the STS Stat so instead of 10 to have 5 more piece organized files for testing .
Is this replacement of the files going to change original configuration of the program so maybe that is why STS Stat is not working with 5 instead of 10 original EPD files.
This new 5 EPD files from Mathias could make for new evaluation of the engines that is more piece oriented.
Now can you or somebody else make new STS Stat with 5 EPD files inside.
That would be great and I am looking forward slightly different way of testing.
I don't think STS Stat 2.5 processes the piece specific epd logfile and shows results in table.

I will let Gailhac Philipe know about the new piece specific files. Hopefully he will offer new STS stat for this. It appears as though he's taken a break from computer chess to do something else.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite