Help: Re.DGT Board

General discussion about computer chess...
Matioupi

Re: Help: Re.DGT Board

Post by Matioupi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:55 am

Hello,

after getting in touch with DGT team, they told me that the 64 bit version will not work as their DLL is 32 bits.

Maybe you can try the 32 bit version, but install it in the 32 bits libraries directory (i'm not sure but i think there is a dedicated directory for 32 bits programs in 64 bits windows OS)

By the way, it seem also that chessbase acknowledge the issues... but i have no clue if they are willing to solve them.

Regards,

Mathieu

Matioupi

Post by Matioupi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:56 am

Hey,

our messages did just cross each other...

A van Ark

Post by A van Ark » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Mathieu,

Below is the answer from Mathias Feist:

Hi,

Lately I also changed some code which probably caused problems from the second game on played on the server. That moves not are not recognized with the second game was pointed out for the first time. Previously users complained only that moves are not recognized. It didn't cause any crashes, just went out of sync with the board.

This was a Fritz 12 issue and does not apply to Fritz 11 and earlier.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best regards
Mathias Feist

Maybe you can update your Fritz 12 or just try Fritz 11?

Best wishes,
Andre

Matioupi

Post by Matioupi » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:50 am

Hello,

my Fritz 12 is up to date, and I don't have access to Fritz 11 so I'm stuck with the problem.

I already transmitted detailled logs to Chessbase (but I don't know if they get them) about the behaviour and the interaction of their Fritz software with DGT driver.

From these logs, it is pretty clear that there are some issues within Fritz 12 : starting from the second game, Fritz stops taking some move into account while they are well transmitted by the DGT driver...

So i'm still hoping that Chessbase will solve this... which is really annoying from my point of view. The only workthrough is to close the software and reopen it after each game with the DGT board...

Regards,

Mathieu

A van Ark

Post by A van Ark » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:57 am

Hi,

Are you sure you are using the latest GUI 12 update (09 august)?

www.fritzhelp.com/updates/gui12.exe

Works quiet good here! (with DGT driver Version 1.2.11 20100713 (DLL version 1.50)

I am still testing, but sofar the problem didn't occur. Only a few GUI crashes after a new game. But I can live with that.

Best wishes,

André

Matioupi

Post by Matioupi » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:25 am

>Are you sure you are using the latest GUI 12 update (09 august)?
>
>www.fritzhelp.com/updates/gui12.exe

I was not... I was using the july 22 nd.
The strange thing is that the "update program" command replyed with an "up to date" message... letting me think that I was up to date...

I've upgraded and will test again with this new version.

Regards and thank you for the tip... !

Mathieu

Matioupi

Post by Matioupi » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Hello,

I had chance to test the latest GUI12 update (the one from August 09 2010) with the 1.50 version of the DGT driver.
This time, it should be an up to date software configuration.

The result is that it does not solve any of the problems i'm facing :

- crash at exit of the software (solved by my "plugin" version of the DLL)
- random consideration of the moves for the games following the first one if several games are played on a row.

I did not take time to trace the inside behaviour of the communications between the chessbase and DGT software but i guess that nothing has changed compared with the july 22 nd version of GUI12

Hope guys at chessbase are reading this (i know that people at DGT do) and will take actions to provide a solution...

Regards,

Mathieu

Matioupi

Post by Matioupi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Hello,

I just tested the latest DGT driver (1.51) with the latest Fritz12 update from oct 13 2010.

The DGT highlight square issue in the little driver windows is solved.

However, the main bug with several games in a row is still there : even the first move of a game is not taken into account starting from the second game I play on playchess (with timing over 20 min) with the DGT board... This is clearly on Chessbase side as my analysis and feedback have shown and should have been solved since long now with a decent customer consideration... This is my opinion at least.

Regards,

Mathieu