Why So much Tension

General discussion about computer chess...
kingliveson

Why So much Tension

Post by kingliveson » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:18 am

Why is there so much tension in computer chess forums? Crawling around the forums, and I came across this:
Attachments
not_a_thief.png
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Chan Rasjid

Re: Why So much Tension

Post by Chan Rasjid » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:49 am

If you sincerely want to enter "the Kingdom of Heaven" you have to be like a child - which means you have to give up many many things of grave concern. The Kingdom of Heaven and the domain of chess, the domain of dispute don't seem to intersect; except the latter two.

Rasjid

Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 am

Chan Rasjid wrote:If you sincerely want to enter "the Kingdom of Heaven" you have to be like a child - which means you have to give up many many things of grave concern. The Kingdom of Heaven and the domain of chess, the domain of dispute don't seem to intersect; except the latter two.

Rasjid
Pastor Chan,

your great sermon is a blessing. I shall take a closer look at Matthew 18:3 today.

Sincerely,
Matthias.
Aided by engines, GMs can be very strong.
http://www.hylogic.de

Zherkovv

Post by Zherkovv » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 am

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Chan Rasjid wrote:If you sincerely want to enter "the Kingdom of Heaven" you have to be like a child - which means you have to give up many many things of grave concern. The Kingdom of Heaven and the domain of chess, the domain of dispute don't seem to intersect; except the latter two.

Rasjid
Pastor Chan,

your great sermon is a blessing. I shall take a closer look at Matthew 18:3 today.

Sincerely,
Matthias.
You better take a look at the Kama Sutra! b.t.w. How many people died from the Kama sutra, as opposed to the Bible?
What do you think? Who wins.

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:06 am

Zherkovv wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:

Rasjid
Pastor Chan,

Sincerely,
Matthias.
You better take a look at the Kama Sutra! b.t.w. How many people died from the Kama sutra, as opposed to the Bible?
Well,I must admit that several positions of Kama Sutra are pretty much tactical and could cost you the outcome of the game :lol:

;)

Zherkovv

Post by Zherkovv » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Zherkovv wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:

Rasjid
Pastor Chan,

Sincerely,
Matthias.
Well,I must admit that several positions of Kama Sutra are pretty much tactical and could cost you the outcome of the game :lol:

;)
I'm practicing position 1 at this moment and so far it costs me a lot of money! :shock:

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Zherkovv wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Zherkovv wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:

Rasjid
Pastor Chan,

Sincerely,
Matthias.

;)
I'm practicing position 1 at this moment and so far it costs me a lot of money! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slobo

Post by slobo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Zherkovv wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Zherkovv wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:

Rasjid
Pastor Chan,

Sincerely,
Matthias.

;)
If you find out how to do it with Houdini, it could be free.