A public thanks to Robert Houdart

General discussion about computer chess...
Roger Brown

Re: A public thanks to Robert Houdart

Post by Roger Brown » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Peter C wrote:Well, thanks Robert for Houdini.

Opinions are like armpits. Everybody has more than one and they usually stink.
Forget about the criticism.

@That guy wanting a Houdini GUI:
I'm programming a chess GUI in my spare time (written in Java), I dunno when I'll release it (I don't work on it much), but you can be sure it will happen.

Peter

Hello Peter,

The more the merrier!

I have a few (!) feature requests:

(a) Support for ultra-rapid time-controls in engine-engine matches.

(b) Winboard and UCI protocol support.

(c) Ease of use for person versus engine games

(d) Some sort of engine handicapping feature.

Uh, there I go with my insensitive self.

I mean, suggesting features already!

:-)

Gui work is hard. Your efforts are appreciated even if you cannot deal with any feature requests at this time.

A Christmas release would be terrific....

Later.

Peter C

Post by Peter C » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Roger Brown wrote:
Peter C wrote:Well, thanks Robert for Houdini.

Opinions are like armpits. Everybody has more than one and they usually stink.
Forget about the criticism.

@That guy wanting a Houdini GUI:
I'm programming a chess GUI in my spare time (written in Java), I dunno when I'll release it (I don't work on it much), but you can be sure it will happen.

Peter

Hello Peter,

The more the merrier!

I have a few (!) feature requests:

(a) Support for ultra-rapid time-controls in engine-engine matches.

(b) Winboard and UCI protocol support.

(c) Ease of use for person versus engine games

(d) Some sort of engine handicapping feature.

Uh, there I go with my insensitive self.

I mean, suggesting features already!

:-)

Gui work is hard. Your efforts are appreciated even if you cannot deal with any feature requests at this time.

A Christmas release would be terrific....

Later.
It's designed so that anyone who knows Java can implement a new protocol pretty effortlessly. I'm working on UCI and I might do WB2.

Engine handicapping will be tough.

Don't quote me on this, but I should release sometime before the end of this year.

Peter

Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Sean Evans wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:
Whats wrong Sean you still sore from the previous thread when Robert made you look stupid ?

http://www.open-chess.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=534

But I guess opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but they don't want to hear what the others have to say!
The only one looking stupid is you Flesher.

I fail to see your logic, although I am not surprised. I merely pointed out that Robert made you look stupid for your trolling, this was obvious! Your tone towards him since then has been deliberate and offensive. I would like to know why you feel this is justified? Robert has been nothing but helpful and polite, and always neutral towards his attackers. If anything you should point your crusade at Rybka! As some evidence would suggest it may be the first offender and thus father of all the clones. So for now, please, leave the bastard children alone.

Capiche ?

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Robert Flesher wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:
Whats wrong Sean you still sore from the previous thread when Robert made you look stupid ?

But I guess opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but they don't want to hear what the others have to say!

I fail to see your logic, although I am not surprised. I merely pointed out that Robert made you look stupid for your trolling, this was obvious! Your tone towards him since then has been deliberate and offensive. I would like to know why you feel this is justified? Robert has been nothing but helpful and polite, and always neutral towards his attackers. If anything you should point your crusade at Rybka! As some evidence would suggest it may be the first offender and thus father of all the clones. So for now, please, leave the bastard children alone.

Capiche ?
Check the polls Flesher the majority believe Houdini is not an original work. As Robert is a confirmed liar, his input is not considered by the computer chess community to be helpful. I know it hurts you to see the truth, just open your eyes and look see. :lol:

Cordially,

Sean

Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Sean Evans wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:

Capiche ?
Check the polls Flesher the majority believe Houdini is not an original work. As Robert is a confirmed liar, his input is not considered by the computer chess community to be helpful. I know it hurts you to see the truth, just open your eyes and look see. :lol:

Cordially,

Sean

Perhaps it your ability to read that is holding you back, or maybe your just an idiot ? I do not know. With that being said, I never once dwelled on the origins of Houdini !?
I was attempting to curb your ignorant, brash tone towards Robert. It seems this you cannot comprehend, and all you are capable of doing is addressing me only by my last name ( rude-childish tone), which shows you true character. Btw, when did polls = proof, and where is the proof Robert is a liar ? This is the problem with anecdotal evidence, it gives birth to fools. Alas,this is clearly beyond your understanding.

Again, .........capiche ?

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Robert Flesher wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:

Capiche ?

Cordially,

Sean

Perhaps it your ability to read that is holding you back, or maybe your just an idiot ? I do not know. With that being said, I never once dwelled on the origins of Houdini !?
I was attempting to curb your ignorant, brash tone towards Robert. It seems this you cannot comprehend, and all you are capable of doing is addressing me only by my last name ( rude-childish tone), which shows you true character. Btw, when did polls = proof, and where is the proof Robert is a liar ? This is the problem with anecdotal evidence, it gives birth to fools. Alas,this is clearly beyond your understanding.

Again, .........capiche ?
Flesher read what you have posted, you are describing yourself, I am obviously the self-controlled adult here. :lol:

Gerold

Post by Gerold » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:13 pm

Your turn Robert hahahahahhahhahhah.
I love these kids.

Peter C

Post by Peter C » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:54 pm

I see a lot of personal attacks....
Jeremy? Swami?

Peter

BTO7

Post by BTO7 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Sean = troller ....we should post a poll....if Sean denies this ...we can all vote and see if hes a liar :lol:

beat it kid
BT

Cubeman

Post by Cubeman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:12 am

Wow, the way to find truth in any matter is to run a Poll?! Lets do away with Jurys and Judges and just conduct a poll.