Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?

General discussion about computer chess...
jack lad

Re: Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?

Post by jack lad » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:13 pm

Ted Summers wrote:Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?
Because Talkchess has thread view. :lol:

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:19 am

Ted Summers wrote:Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC? Don't you realize that you cannot graft a new idea on a closed mind. Let them feel that they have had the last word, after all that is what they want. Soon when you are not there for them to turn on, they will turn on each other. Just watch and see, your actions will speak louder than your words.

PS: When they come here, and they will. Stop that shit at the door!

Ted, why are you a backup mod at TalkChess if you want nothing to do with it?

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:36 am

LucenaTheLucid wrote:
kingliveson wrote:Funny stuff was pointed out to me written about users of this forum -- that we are either pirates or rejects from other forums. My disagreement should be no surprise. As for Rybka forum, I personally stopped posting there after heavy handed moderation began -- defining moment was when link posted to Rybka's own Wikipedia was removed. :shock: With all that, after Rybka 4 release, I went and purchased it. People here love computer chess, all engines, and we just don't want to be told which ones we are allowed to use.

As for CCC, I dont even think much explanation is needed here. Everyone is pretty much aware of how things went down until recent election, so I have not logged in there for weeks. Besides, people might also be disgusted with behavior of certain mods who trace IP addresses, run background checks, call your office in Zambia -- to verify if you're truly African because your writing style seems too intelligent.

The bottom line is we are here because we love computer chess. All computer chess.
That is a serious charge. I haven't been back on the computer chess scene for a couple of years and I missed most of the Fruit things and Rybka's dominance. I recently rejoined a couple of months ago so I have not heard of this before. If this is true I will NOT read or post on the CCC forum.

You can log-in there for further inquiries on the subject matter which can be confirmed by Chris Conkie, Derek Jones, and Graham Banks. But first, your IP address must be traced, accompanied by a Government issued photo id to verify your eligibility to pose such question.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:38 am

Terry McCracken wrote:
Ted Summers wrote:Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC? Don't you realize that you cannot graft a new idea on a closed mind. Let them feel that they have had the last word, after all that is what they want. Soon when you are not there for them to turn on, they will turn on each other. Just watch and see, your actions will speak louder than your words.

PS: When they come here, and they will. Stop that shit at the door!

Ted, why are you a backup mod at TalkChess if you want nothing to do with it?
This thread was started over 2 months ago when there was still tension. Things have changed a bit since then.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen