Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?

General discussion about computer chess...
Ted Summers

Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?

Post by Ted Summers » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 pm

Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC? Don't you realize that you cannot graft a new idea on a closed mind. Let them feel that they have had the last word, after all that is what they want. Soon when you are not there for them to turn on, they will turn on each other. Just watch and see, your actions will speak louder than your words.

PS: When they come here, and they will. Stop that shit at the door!
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

kingliveson

Re: Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?

Post by kingliveson » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Ted Summers wrote:Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC? Don't you realize that you cannot graft a new idea on a closed mind. Let them feel that they have had the last word, after all that is what they want. Soon when you are not there for them to turn on, they will turn on each other. Just watch and see, your actions will speak louder than your words.

I think the environment here is great and lets hope community driven model and the name reflect its progress.

I love chess,

Franklin
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Ted Summers wrote:Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC? Don't you realize that you cannot graft a new idea on a closed mind. Let them feel that they have had the last word, after all that is what they want. Soon when you are not there for them to turn on, they will turn on each other. Just watch and see, your actions will speak louder than your words.

They?? :P

emullins

Post by emullins » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Ted Summers wrote:PS: When they come here, and they will. Stop that shit at the door!
This board has a Foes list as I just discovered. That will go a LONG way in that regard. I expect mine to grow rapidly as they arrive.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:42 am

well I don't, I totally avoid the place. Are you aware that all moderators have immediate access there to your IP address. Shouldn't really be a problem but if there's a rogue moderator/well known hacker/blackmailer and maniac present, it's a little unwise to give him entry into your PC methinks ......

bbauer

Post by bbauer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:59 am

This is a good question.
I will no longer post on a forum where I cannot name engines by name,
where my posts can be edited by a guy like Graham Banks,
and I must be aware of beeing banned for saying something which banks don't like.
Since Banks has come to the CCC he has become a pest to the forum and I hope he will not come here.
I wish this forum the best.
Kind regards
Bernhard

Zarkon

Post by Zarkon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:03 pm

bbauer wrote:This is a good question.
and I must be aware of beeing banned for saying something which banks don't like.
Since Banks has come to the CCC he has become a pest to the forum and I hope he will not come here.
Kind regards
Bernhard
Actually I think Graham was an exemplary moderator to begin with (I believe he got a very clear majority over other candidates for his second term (?!)). Of course his current strong views haven't been useful.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Zarkon wrote:
Kind regards
Bernhard
Actually I think Graham was an exemplary moderator to begin with (I believe he got a very clear majority over other candidates for his second term (?!)). Of course his current strong views haven't been useful.
Nope, Matthias Gemuh had the most votes.

Zarkon

Post by Zarkon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:55 am

kingliveson wrote:
Zarkon wrote:
Kind regards
Bernhard
Was that the second or the third time? No matter. At one point he did a very good job in my opinion.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:03 am

Zarkon wrote:
kingliveson wrote:
Zarkon wrote:
Was that the second or the third time? No matter. At one point he did a very good job in my opinion.
hmmm then am not sure, thought you meant this past election.