Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?

General discussion about computer chess...
Gerold

Re: Why do you guys still crosstalk on CCC?

Post by Gerold » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:40 am

Hi Norm.
When will be the next release of Fire. I need some competition for Houdini. :) .
Thanks for your work and hope you will have a new Fire soon.

Best,
Gerold.

kranium

Post by kranium » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 am

Gerold wrote:Hi Norm.
When will be the next release of Fire. I need some competition for Houdini. :) .

Best,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold!
thanks for the inquiry...

I have version 1.4 ready now...which includes Dr. D's excellent parameters, but i'm not going to release anything unitl i have a response from Dr. D.
who has done a lot of productive tuning work here...

Norm

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:41 am

kranium wrote:Jeremy, and others...you've done great job.

i realize that you feel strongly against Fire being closed source...
no problem i will open it immediately...with next release.
Thanks to everyone who has been participating and building up the community here. The amazing thing about this board is, it more or less runs itself. Moderation interference has been mostly unnecessary, with the rare exception of a few pirate links.

And I applaud your decision to open Fire's source, Norman!

Jeremy

BB+

Post by BB+ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:57 am

It is a normal place, and in such a place there is no any reason to think about how to take power by an electoral process.
I think historians would contest that "normal" conditions throughout human history (particularly in "democracies") have typically involved various factions intrigued by enhancing their sphere of influence via the levers of power.

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:12 am

kranium wrote:

Best,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold!

I have version 1.4 ready now...which includes Dr. D's excellent parameters, but i'm not going to release anything unitl i have a response from Dr. D.

Norm
As I wrote in another thread,it will be an honour Norm 8-)
Cheers,
Dr.D

Zherkovv

Post by Zherkovv » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:18 am

kranium wrote:

Best,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold!

Norm

Looking forward for Fire 1.4, much obliged for your brilliant work.

With kind regards from Belgium,

Zherkovv.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Funny stuff was pointed out to me written about users of this forum -- that we are either pirates or rejects from other forums. My disagreement should be no surprise. As for Rybka forum, I personally stopped posting there after heavy handed moderation began -- defining moment was when link posted to Rybka's own Wikipedia was removed. :shock: With all that, after Rybka 4 release, I went and purchased it. People here love computer chess, all engines, and we just don't want to be told which ones we are allowed to use.

As for CCC, I dont even think much explanation is needed here. Everyone is pretty much aware of how things went down until recent election, so I have not logged in there for weeks. Besides, people might also be disgusted with behavior of certain mods who trace IP addresses, run background checks, call your office in Zambia -- to verify if you're truly African because your writing style seems too intelligent.

The bottom line is we are here because we love computer chess. All computer chess.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

LucenaTheLucid

Post by LucenaTheLucid » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:12 pm

kingliveson wrote:Funny stuff was pointed out to me written about users of this forum -- that we are either pirates or rejects from other forums. My disagreement should be no surprise. As for Rybka forum, I personally stopped posting there after heavy handed moderation began -- defining moment was when link posted to Rybka's own Wikipedia was removed. :shock: With all that, after Rybka 4 release, I went and purchased it. People here love computer chess, all engines, and we just don't want to be told which ones we are allowed to use.

As for CCC, I dont even think much explanation is needed here. Everyone is pretty much aware of how things went down until recent election, so I have not logged in there for weeks. Besides, people might also be disgusted with behavior of certain mods who trace IP addresses, run background checks, call your office in Zambia -- to verify if you're truly African because your writing style seems too intelligent.

The bottom line is we are here because we love computer chess. All computer chess.
That is a serious charge. I haven't been back on the computer chess scene for a couple of years and I missed most of the Fruit things and Rybka's dominance. I recently rejoined a couple of months ago so I have not heard of this before. If this is true I will NOT read or post on the CCC forum.

Uly

Post by Uly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:18 pm

kingliveson wrote:Funny stuff was pointed out to me written about users of this forum -- that we are either pirates or rejects from other forums. My disagreement should be no surprise.
Lol, I didn't mean that, otherwise that would make myself a reject/pirate. What I meant to say is that OpenChess has rejects/pirates, and that's easy to check as there are Rybka Forum banned members due to spam or piracy that post here.

Peter C

Post by Peter C » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:46 am

kranium wrote:

Best,
Gerold.
Hi Gerold!

Norm
An open-source Fire 1.4 with Dr. Deeb's parameters? This will be fun..... :)

Good choice to open-source Fire.

Peter