CCC now firmly controlled by the ICD-shop

General discussion about computer chess...
Chris Whittington

CCC now firmly controlled by the ICD-shop

Post by Chris Whittington » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 pm

If any more proof were needed that the shop (ICD) now controls the CCC forum, here it is. The voting structure and changes to the voting structure are absolutely vested in the ownership of the MEMBERS of the CCC. This was how we, as founders, created it and this is how it has always been. To chnage the voting structure requires MEMBERS decisions (not moderators, not tcadmins and certainly not shops)

But tcadmin and shop representative Sam Hull (tcadmin) now says:

Sam Hull

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm Post subject: July moderator elections - new format

I have gotten approval from our sponsor to run the next election on a team basis. Here's the plan: any three members can get together and run as a team. No member can run as part of more than one team, including a team on the other side of the board. Each team will designate one member as its spokesman or primary contact. That individual will post the team's combined moderation philosophy in the candidate thread, one post per team.

Approval from the sponsor?????!!!!!

Bye-bye members democracy and members ownership. You've been led by donkeys who gave it away to commercial interests.

thorstenczub

Re: CCC now firmly controlled by the ICD-shop

Post by thorstenczub » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:51 pm

it was from the first days when they implemented Sam Hull as moderator/admin in one person, kind of superposition, that they wanted to take over the forum and control it for their own purposes.

for that it was nessesary to throw out the founders.
thats what they actually did.

all those guys wanted the forum for their own purpose.
now they have it for themselves.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:If any more proof were needed that the shop (ICD) now controls the CCC forum, here it is. The voting structure and changes to the voting structure are absolutely vested in the ownership of the MEMBERS of the CCC. This was how we, as founders, created it and this is how it has always been. To chnage the voting structure requires MEMBERS decisions (not moderators, not tcadmins and certainly not shops)

But tcadmin and shop representative Sam Hull (tcadmin) now says:

Sam Hull

Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm Post subject: July moderator elections - new format

I have gotten approval from our sponsor to run the next election on a team basis. Here's the plan: any three members can get together and run as a team. No member can run as part of more than one team, including a team on the other side of the board. Each team will designate one member as its spokesman or primary contact. That individual will post the team's combined moderation philosophy in the candidate thread, one post per team.

Approval from the sponsor?????!!!!!

Bye-bye members democracy and members ownership. You've been led by donkeys who gave it away to commercial interests.

A few months back as debate heated on the so-called "controversial" issue, I contacted the sponsors and communicated to me was that they do not interfere or control the contents of the server. Something must have changed. Anyways I dont care much what goes on there. I like it here. :D
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Swaminathan

Post by Swaminathan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Chris,

Which is precisely why this forum is set up. we don't need the shop(!) to dictate what should happen and what not to.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite