Anyone like this Nico´s song?

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
slobo

Anyone like this Nico´s song?

Post by slobo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:55 pm

slobo

Re: Anyone like this Nico´s song?

Post by slobo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Dave Mitchell

Post by Dave Mitchell » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:54 am

"The Falconer" sounds like a funeral dirge, more than anything else. Half the lyrics are unintelligible, due to the thundering organ chords.

A song called "The Falconer" should be uplifting, something that takes flight. Compare this to John Denver's "The Eagle":

I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky
I am the hawk, and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning, they soon will be dry.
All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in my freedom I feel when I fly.

Come dance with the west wind, and touch all the mountaintops, sail o'er the canyons and up to the sky,
Reach for heavens, and hope for the future, and all that you can be, and not what we are.

All coupled with an uplifting score which itself, is soaring dynamically upward.

Search for "The Eagle" on YouTube, and you can see how Nico's song compares - I can't persuade myself that Nico's music is as off the mark, as it seems, right at this moment.

slobo

Post by slobo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Yes, John Denver's "The Eagle" is good, but for me Nico is better.
I think we apply two aproaches: a young man one and an "experienced" (aged) man one, which could be an explanation for our preferences.