Open Source means Freedom

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
JcMaTe

Open Source means Freedom

Post by JcMaTe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:29 pm

that's why I always donate money to open source programs .
I Have my own internet radio and always was looking something cheaper and good software to broadcast live music and the programs i find for windows are

SAM Broadcaster - Radio Automation Software cost $299

Virtual Dj cost $299

Tractor pro for mac cost $229

of course al these programa are good

since I use Linux I have IDJC is free and good sound and do not slow my computer ( open-source) and I donate money

but now we have Mixxx the lates version ( for me the best software for broadcasting live music) is open source for Linux , Windows and OS x and I donate money too

What is Mixxx?

Mixxx is free mixing software for DJs, providing everything needed to create live mixes. It allows you to beatmatch songs and crossfade them together, like you would with turntables and a mixer.

If you're new to DJing, don't sweat it - we have you covered. Mixxx runs without any extra hardware, and is a full replacement for a traditional "turntables and mixer" DJ setup. Thousands of people learn to DJ using Mixxx each year!

For experienced DJs, Mixxx offers a wide range of advanced features. Our comprehensive MIDI controller and vinyl control support gives you the tactile feel you need for ultimate control of your mixes. To obtain the lowest latency and highest responsiveness, Mixxx uses hardware video acceleration and takes advantage of multi-core CPUs.

this program have the all features that SAM,Virtual,tractor,IDJC have so is really good ! the bst thing is FREE

JcMaTe

Re: Open Source means Freedom

Post by JcMaTe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:56 pm

I hope VAS do not take the source code and read it up and down then rewrite the same code and publish RYBKA-Automated-DJ software !