Which IvanHoe Build Is Best?

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
kingliveson

Re: Which IvanHoe Build Is Best?

Post by kingliveson » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 am

Tennison wrote: If somebody or one of these compilers think having a better compile, please send me the link and I 'll do the same test. ;-)
It appears the point of this thread got lost in translation. It was not to bash Peterpan, or any other builds for that matter. It was meant to point out the absurdity of drawing conclusion based on limited information. Again, unless builds derived from the same source has been modified and weakened, the resorting outcome should not differ.

Another point is, if you take one source and tweak aspect that affects playing, and on the contention it has not been inadvertently weakened, given a series of opponents, against some, performance might show slight improvement, and slightly worse against others compared to unmodified playing code of the engine. You are better off usually with builds from the latest source code because of newer features, bug fixes, etc...
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Prima

Post by Prima » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:37 pm

kingliveson wrote:
Tennison wrote: If somebody or one of these compilers think having a better compile, please send me the link and I 'll do the same test. ;-)
It appears the point of this thread got lost in translation. It was not to bash Peterpan, or any other builds for that matter. It was meant to point out the absurdity of drawing conclusion based on limited information. Again, unless builds derived from the same source has been modified and weakened, the resorting outcome should not differ.

Another point is, if you take one source and tweak aspect that affects playing, and on the contention it has not been inadvertently weakened, given a series of opponents, against some, performance might show slight improvement, and slightly worse against others compared to unmodified playing code of the engine. You are better off usually with builds from the latest source code because of newer features, bug fixes, etc...
It looks like it. http://immortalchess.net/forum/showthre ... 2&page=321
EDIT: thread moved to http://immortalchess.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14870

Your comments wasn't in anyway, shape, or form directed at Perterpan. THAT, I and anyone with intact reading/comprehension skills, can attest.

My interpretation of your comments was, someone (a non-compiler) inaccurately postulated that your [KLO] compiles are "bad" or "slow" compared to Peterpan's. Hence your response (page 1 of this thread) was directed at this (these) person/s basing "his/her/their compile-ratings" on unfounded claims. Exactly WHY you corroborated your response with the engine/compile comparison lists stating otherwise to such unfounded claims.

I've also seen/read numerous comments from some person(s) in Immortal forum making the [baseless] claims that "the KLO compiles are bad". I wouldn't pay much attention to these non-compilers who DON'T even know HOW to compile an executive file but feel competent to rate different compiles of the same family. All what these non-compilers care about is the engine (same family or not) that runs fastest on their new computer/processor toys, and would do/say anything [offensive] to without consideration to their words and actions on another.

Not to blow my trumpet, I've always praised your compiles because they are multi-GUI & multi-platform compatible and stable. I see no issues with speed either.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Peterpan's response to this particular comment of mine:
kingliveson wrote:No, the reason your compile was unsuccessful was because 999946a publicly released source code was designed for Linux only and had to be ported to Windows. And the reason you were able to compile the next public release (999946e) was because that code had then been ported -- someone had to do the porting. It was not a dig, but rather pointing out an intimate knowledge. Do you understand what it means that it is not everything the right hand does, the left hand knows, or do I have to spell out ABC?
Peterpan wrote:If you followed the Ivanhoe thread you would see i successfully ported the Linux code,in fact,while your initial porting code was not even working on 32 bits,you can ask TCH to confirm this or go through all the posts here,mine was working perfectly,the RobboBaseLibrary that i compiled myself,not the initial one i borrowed from you.I was not able to use your ported source code since you did not post it,i have ported it myself.In fact the reason why there was even a Ivanhoe 46e or f or h was due to bug reports i made to the Ippolit wiki team.But you willingly ignore to mention these facts.Even if there was no Ivanhoe 46e or f or h i would have posted my own working RobboBase Library.This is the reason why i said i borrowed it,i had flu,i was physically ill in bed.But i don't expect you to understand this.I did not say i stole you RobboBase Libray,i borrowed it.I am a proud person and i always want to do things myself.

But anyway,i do not wish or have to defend myself anymore.
I rest my case.I have had enough,i won't respond again to anymore of your accusations.Anyone is welcome to follow the whole Ivanhoe thread here on Immortal and Ippolit wiki and get the facts for themselves.

Please stop this insanity now.Thanks
It appears I might have to spell out abc... but just not yet; at least let me give Peterpan one more clue.

Here is the changelog that came with IvanHoe version 999946e (pay attention), as there was no public release of b, c, or d:

Code: Select all

999946 Emerge RobboBaseLib
       Version b: comply WINDOWS (Capitalist!)
       Version c: Chess960 ComradesGUI
       Version d: Chess960 IvanHoe (value)
       Plus: Nostredame bug fix to OpenTripleFile (DIR_NOME) for WINDOWS
       Version e: Bug fix (slankamen), Newbuy count 5 in Squeeze
Peterpan, someone made the port of that code from public release version a to private version b which later entered public release version e that made your next compile easy, do you know who did it? I do. Please learn the meaning of this saying, "it is not everything the right hand does, the left hand knows," and once you've figured out what it means, things should be a little more clear. ;)

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:45 pm

@Azaad, This post was directed at some of the silly statements that were pointed out to me over the course of several months, which I generally ignored, but once in a while, it is appropriate to correct misconceptions. I have no issue with Peterpan whom I believe has done a good job with IPPOLIT overall.

As far as a concerted effort to discredit Peterpan, I know nothing of sort. Some people are probably just using this thread and opportunity as a way to get back at him for whatever personal differences they may have had, which again, I don't know anything about. Anyone who takes his/her time to read my original post, and pay just a little attention, would understand it was never about him, but rather those who are referred to as characters.

I don't regret having started this thread given the nonsense out there. I quoted a couple silly statements, showed why conclusions cannot be based on limited information, and pointed out an intimate knowledge which I don't expect many to understand, and yes, including Peterpan, because they're intimate knowledge -- but he thinks it was a dig at him. :)

Prima

Post by Prima » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 am

Azaad wrote:
BTW, anyone who thinks that PP is same as InspectorGadget of the Rybka forum should be the last person to talk about "reading/comprehension skills".
Hi Azaad ;)

My reference on "reading/comprehension skills" referred to the well defined response from KLO and WHO he referred to. KLO's response was certainly NOT aimed at Peterpan or any other compilers. To reiterate, KLO's response, on page 1, of this thread was directed at certain individual(s) constantly rating KLO's compiles as "poor", "bad", "slow", etc etc. And again, and to the best of my knowledge, Peterpan NEVER talked against KLO and his compiles. Nor, on my part, am I insunuating this. Exactly why I used the term "non-compilers" in describing those who love to slam against KLO's compiles without understanding and appreciating the efforts put in.

At least THIS was/is my "reading/comprehension" deduced from KLO's initial response. Have a good day. :D

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:52 pm

lmao @

1   Ivanhoe B46e x64         +92    +21/-8/=21   63.00%   31.5/50
2   Komodo64 SSE Version 4   -92    +8/-21/=21   37.00%   18.5/50
The probability of this result even at 50 games (40/3 Repeating [time control]) is very slim if both engines were configured correctly. Some people actually take the guy who posted this result seriously. And of course, he took offence to the results being questioned by Komodo's author, rather than just applying a little common sense. He really doesn't know anything. :lol:

Marwan

Post by Marwan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 pm

kingliveson wrote:lmao @

The probability of this result even at 50 games (40/3 Repeating [time control]) is very slim if both engines were configured correctly. Some people actually take the guy who posted this result seriously. And of course, he took offence to the results being questioned by Komodo's author, rather than just applying a little common sense. He really doesn't know anything. :lol:
+1

geotsp8

Post by geotsp8 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 am

kingliveson wrote:lmao @

I got an even deal for you Franklin.. Hold both hands out, crap in one and wait for me to be concerned about anything you say or think in the other- and see which hand fills up first.

Carlos Ylich

Post by Carlos Ylich » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:43 pm

kingliveson wrote:Peterpan's response to this particular comment of mine:
kingliveson wrote:No, the reason your compile was unsuccessful was because 999946a publicly released source code was designed for Linux only and had to be ported to Windows. And the reason you were able to compile the next public release (999946e) was because that code had then been ported -- someone had to do the porting. It was not a dig, but rather pointing out an intimate knowledge. Do you understand what it means that it is not everything the right hand does, the left hand knows, or do I have to spell out ABC?
Peterpan wrote:If you followed the Ivanhoe thread you would see i successfully ported the Linux code,in fact,while your initial porting code was not even working on 32 bits,you can ask TCH to confirm this or go through all the posts here,mine was working perfectly,the RobboBaseLibrary that i compiled myself,not the initial one i borrowed from you.I was not able to use your ported source code since you did not post it,i have ported it myself.In fact the reason why there was even a Ivanhoe 46e or f or h was due to bug reports i made to the Ippolit wiki team.But you willingly ignore to mention these facts.Even if there was no Ivanhoe 46e or f or h i would have posted my own working RobboBase Library.This is the reason why i said i borrowed it,i had flu,i was physically ill in bed.But i don't expect you to understand this.I did not say i stole you RobboBase Libray,i borrowed it.I am a proud person and i always want to do things myself.

But anyway,i do not wish or have to defend myself anymore.
I rest my case.I have had enough,i won't respond again to anymore of your accusations.Anyone is welcome to follow the whole Ivanhoe thread here on Immortal and Ippolit wiki and get the facts for themselves.

Please stop this insanity now.Thanks
It appears I might have to spell out abc... but just not yet; at least let me give Peterpan one more clue.

Here is the changelog that came with IvanHoe version 999946e (pay attention), as there was no public release of b, c, or d:

999946 Emerge RobboBaseLib
       Version b: comply WINDOWS (Capitalist!)
       Version c: Chess960 ComradesGUI
       Version d: Chess960 IvanHoe (value)
       Plus: Nostredame bug fix to OpenTripleFile (DIR_NOME) for WINDOWS
       Version e: Bug fix (slankamen), Newbuy count 5 in Squeeze
Peterpan, someone made the port of that code from public release version a to private version b which later entered public release version e that made your next compile easy, do you know who did it? I do. Please learn the meaning of this saying, "it is not everything the right hand does, the left hand knows," and once you've figured out what it means, things should be a little more clear. ;)
Kingliveson just shut up :evil: