exciting news for me...

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
alfons

exciting news for me...

Post by alfons » Sun May 20, 2012 3:47 pm

from an US-Army Captain (it seems that he is involved in some really BIG blackopsbusiness) per email:

"I am sorry to encroach into your privacy in this manner, I found you listed in the Trade Center Chambers of Commerce directory here in Iraq; I want to offer you my partnership in business. I want to solicit your
Attention to receive money on my behalf. My name Capt. John Anthony, an officer in the US Army, and also a West Point Graduate currently, serving in the Military with the 82nd Air Borne Division Peace keeping force in Baghdadi am on the move to Afghanistan from Iraq as the last batch just left, and I really need your help in assisting me with the safe keeping of two military trunk boxes which has arrived USA from Iraq. I hope you can be trusted? I will explain further when I get a response from you.
Best regards,
Capt. John Anthony"

Of course I can be trusted and I've got the feeling (guts) that I'm getting rich soon/or something spectacular is happening!

So long you poor suckers!

User923005

Re: exciting news for me...

Post by User923005 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Sure, Mr. Buzzkill, put a wet blanket on our party. And I suppose you're going to tell me that my winning the European lottery without even entering and all those widows of heads of state from African nations who have a boatload of cash that they want me to safeguard for them and all they need is my bank account login information are also scams?
;-)

alfons

Post by alfons » Mon May 21, 2012 9:44 pm

I think the programmer is a bit confused:

-in my case noone's attempting to 'scam' me
-the "military trunk boxes" are real (!) - and they'll need to get picked up (a mission I can be trusted with) naturally
-I'm assisting the American gouvernment btw. here - which is an important an honouring role for an European

I can be certain* of this all, because I'm now in contact with the captain (on a personal basis!).

See you in the Caribbean soon!

*We're talking about FACTS

n.b.
Please get back to your numbers, loops and 'what-if-then-else'-constructs and refrain from torpeding my efforts in doing serious business.

User923005

Post by User923005 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:53 pm

You're too late.
I already collected the boxes, which (by the way) contained a large collection of gold doubloons, several Cadbury chocolate bars, and a vintage Joe DiMaggio rookie card.
I've already eaten the chocolate, and had Joe properly framed.
The gold doubloons are pretty old, and since they are no longer in circulation, they are probably worthless, except as paperweights.

HumbleProgrammer

Post by HumbleProgrammer » Tue May 22, 2012 3:22 am

What? You mean all these e-mails are REAL? Egad...I've personally deleted dozens of valuable e-mails from the Nigerian Ministry of the Interior. How can I explain to the wife that my total lack of faith in the Internet has potentially robbed us of millions of dollars of unearned revenue? All is lost.

But wait! Maybe I can redeem myself if enough people e-mail their Wonder-Cola bottle caps to Micro$oft: then the Evil Empire can cure my Leukemia by giving me a free trip to Disney World! I'll even take along six year old Kim, who has been dying of terminal cancer since 1991.

Cool. That's my plan. So please e-mail your Wonder-Cola bottle caps to Microsoft, clearly marked "For the benefit of Humble (Doubting) Programmer".

Cheers!
Humble Programmer
,,,^..^,,,
:lol: :lol: :lol: