Save what possible on CCC

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Save what possible on CCC

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 pm

orgfert wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:there were postings with antisemitic content, postings with chauvinistic content, xenophobe,homophobe remarks and
against black people, against all kind of people. the whole CTF forum was an amalgan of hate speeches against
all kind of minorities. and the posters were almost all white christian racists.

and they called their postings: free speech.

in germany we call such content nazistic because we experienced where this content ends with.
People who read this without visiting will get a different impression from their own experience. Even chris admits your descriptions are exaggerated. But as soon as he makes that observation, he throws his own exaggerations into the mix so people will not think him as much a stranger to accuracy as you are known to be.
If Thorsten is exaggerating, it's not by much (to be fair, there are a few participants on CTF who don't post bigoted drivel, but they are far outweighed by those who do). And claims that mods were using logged IPs to do identity tracking/verification (including phoning people at their places of work to verify if they are who they say they are) are 100% true. I haven't logged in to CCC in months, I'm sure they're doing (and will continue to do) just fine. I prefer it here, though.

Jeremy

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
orgfert wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:there were postings with antisemitic content, postings with chauvinistic content, xenophobe,homophobe remarks and
against black people, against all kind of people. the whole CTF forum was an amalgan of hate speeches against
all kind of minorities. and the posters were almost all white christian racists.

in germany we call such content nazistic because we experienced where this content ends with.
People who read this without visiting will get a different impression from their own experience. Even chris admits your descriptions are exaggerated. But as soon as he makes that observation, he throws his own exaggerations into the mix so people will not think him as much a stranger to accuracy as you are known to be.
If Thorsten is exaggerating, it's not by much (to be fair, there are a few participants on CTF who don't post bigoted drivel, but they are far outweighed by those who do).
A biased point of view is often the result of only driving by and intersection when informed of a severe collision. Then one may safely observe that every time they visit the place, there are only horrors to behold.
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:And claims that mods were using logged IPs to do identity tracking/verification (including phoning people at their places of work to verify if they are who they say they are) are 100% true. I haven't logged in to CCC in months, I'm sure they're doing (and will continue to do) just fine. I prefer it here, though.
I would not dispute that over the span of a decade there would be such moments among elected moderators. But to declare in such moments that it will forever remain a sink of iniquity is to be hasty with words that are difficult to retract and still maintain face.

Gerold

Post by Gerold » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:23 pm

thorstenczub wrote:
Gerold wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:i am very busy with the new devices.
Please post any findings on the new pads etc. I was looking at Olive from India. Its seems to have everything. Its not
available here yet. The cost is a little high.

Best to you,
Gerold.

hi gerold. i think most interesting will be the nvidia tegra2 pads, such as toshiba,
interpad, hannspree , luvpad or roverpad. the last 4 all are clones ofthe malata.
Thanks Thorsten.
I will take a look at the ones above.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:55 am

orgfert wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
orgfert wrote:

If Thorsten is exaggerating, it's not by much (to be fair, there are a few participants on CTF who don't post bigoted drivel, but they are far outweighed by those who do).

A biased point of view is often the result of only driving by and intersection when informed of a severe collision. Then one may safely observe that every time they visit the place, there are only horrors to behold.
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:And claims that mods were using logged IPs to do identity tracking/verification (including phoning people at their places of work to verify if they are who they say they are) are 100% true. I haven't logged in to CCC in months, I'm sure they're doing (and will continue to do) just fine. I prefer it here, though.
I would not dispute that over the span of a decade there would be such moments among elected moderators. But to declare in such moments that it will forever remain a sink of iniquity is to be hasty with words that are difficult to retract and still maintain face.
and not ctf alone. look what troll skinner claims in ccc,that cstal is a clone :-))

i guess those guys over there must be eating certain kind of mushrooms to get those kind of allusions.

HumbleProgrammer

Post by HumbleProgrammer » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:04 pm

While I was aware of the political infighting and claims of unfair moderating or rigged elections, I left CCC/TalkChess for a much simpler reason: I found many of the postings in the off-topic forums offensive. As an American, I firmly believe in Freedom of Speech; however, I just as firmly believe that "Freedom of Speech" implies "Freedom to Choose Not To Listen". If Frohlick et al want to exercise their freedom of speech by filling the CCC forums with rude, inflammatory, or bigoted ravings...fine...I've already exercised MY freedom to choose not to listen by revoking my membership and participating here instead.

Cheers!
Humble Programmer
,,,^..^,,,

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:28 pm

HumbleProgrammer wrote:While I was aware of the political infighting and claims of unfair moderating or rigged elections, I left CCC/TalkChess for a much simpler reason: I found many of the postings in the off-topic forums offensive. As an American, I firmly believe in Freedom of Speech; however, I just as firmly believe that "Freedom of Speech" implies "Freedom to Choose Not To Listen". If Frohlick et al want to exercise their freedom of speech by filling the CCC forums with rude, inflammatory, or bigoted ravings...fine...I've already exercised MY freedom to choose not to listen by revoking my membership and participating here instead.

Cheers!
Humble Programmer
,,,^..^,,,
The truly humble do not advertise.

Gerold

Post by Gerold » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:45 pm

HumbleProgrammer wrote:While I was aware of the political infighting and claims of unfair moderating or rigged elections, I left CCC/TalkChess for a much simpler reason: I found many of the postings in the off-topic forums offensive. As an American, I firmly believe in Freedom of Speech; however, I just as firmly believe that "Freedom of Speech" implies "Freedom to Choose Not To Listen". If Frohlick et al want to exercise their freedom of speech by filling the CCC forums with rude, inflammatory, or bigoted ravings...fine...I've already exercised MY freedom to choose not to listen by revoking my membership and participating here instead.

Cheers!
Humble Programmer
,,,^..^,,,
You have made a good choice. Open Chess needs folks like you,

Best,
Gerold. :roll:

Hood

Post by Hood » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:47 am

Everyone can express his opinion, conservative or liberal one. :-) and everyone can listen or not
Smolensk 2010. Murder or accident... Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programms. There are programms with undiscovered bugs.
Alleluia.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:21 pm

yes. here. there not.