Save what possible on CCC

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
kingliveson

Re: Save what possible on CCC

Post by kingliveson » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Gerold wrote:
It seems just about all the founders of open chess his gone.
I don't think anyone has left. Things settled down at the other forum with the new election. Most people work and some are full time students, and with the Fall semester beginning, things were bound to slow down. If you don't already know, computer chess is bad for your sex life.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:18 pm

i am very busy with the new devices.

Gerold

Post by Gerold » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:05 pm

thorstenczub wrote:i am very busy with the new devices.
Please post any findings on the new pads etc. I was looking at Olive from India. Its seems to have everything. Its not
available here yet. The cost is a little high.

Best to you,
Gerold.

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Hood wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:this forum is only something for people who have no dignity.
when we fought this implemented admin first time, it was clear for us
that the owner tries to INFLUENCE the CCC for his purpose.

the job of S.H. was to mob out the founders, to change the charter for
his purpose and to install a system of totalitarian repression.
Thorsten sounds wildly extreme (as usual!) but he's right in this case
It is always time to give up. Are you(we) not giving up too early ?
The loss can be minimized.
The shop can change the owner and the proper mods team can prepare a lot.

Rgds Hood
Most of the Founders now say what I said all along, right from the beginning, it was a mistake to put it on the site of the shop.

There's no pullback from that situation where capitalists can control the forum/club by controlling the software. Hence this forum here is way better, open, no capitalist interest. Additionally the existence of fascistic, racistic and plain moronic banners all over the walls of CTF by Frohlick has had a filtering effect on the membership - The tendency is for libertarians to stay clear assuming prima facie it's a right wing, fascistic site, rightwing monkeys join, the membership declines in quality and the pool of sensible people available to moderate is likewise small. Bear in mind that Frohlick was contracted by Schwartz (the shop) to make those posts, continuously, relentlessly - Frohlick himself admitted it. So you have to ask yourself what kind of site the shop actually wanted - a forum for all views? Or something suitable for their American market?

If you believe all you just wrote then you're not living in the same universe as the rest of us. The allegations against Steven Schwartz are unfounded, totally baseless. The truth was never your strong suit but propaganda is another story. However, that could also be said about a few people moderating the forums, not all but some in CCC/CTF.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:15 pm

but chris is right that one should better not allow fascistic christians to post racistic stuff in a forum.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:18 pm

Gerold wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:i am very busy with the new devices.
Please post any findings on the new pads etc. I was looking at Olive from India. Its seems to have everything. Its not
available here yet. The cost is a little high.

Best to you,
Gerold.

hi gerold. i think most interesting will be the nvidia tegra2 pads, such as toshiba,
interpad, hannspree , luvpad or roverpad. the last 4 all are clones ofthe malata.

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:55 pm

thorstenczub wrote:but chris is right that one should better not allow fascistic christians to post racistic stuff in a forum.

Tim is hardly a Christian, he's a troll, a unique one but a troll just the same. He likes to cast his reel and it's up to the readers whether or not to take the bait.

But to say Sam is a facist racist would be wrong. A right-wing conservative would be much more accurate and less libleous.

To say that Steven Shwartz created this situation is nothing but ugly vindictiveness, slander/libel.

It's pretty straight foward. I know very well that Steven Schwartz stayed out of CCC/CTF matters. He modded a bit in CTF then chose to have mods elected like CCC so he wouldn't have to be directly involved and wasting his time. I believe he did his best to honour the founders wishes and stay out of CCC matters.

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:08 pm

thorstenczub wrote:but chris is right that one should better not allow fascistic christians to post racistic stuff in a forum.
That would be a double standard since he doesn't mind your hate speech or personal hate attacks (much less his own). Objectively chris is wrong on most counts and his declarations have only a passing acquaintance with the truth.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 pm

there were postings with antisemitic content, postings with chauvinistic content, xenophobe,homophobe remarks and
against black people, against all kind of people. the whole CTF forum was an amalgan of hate speeches against
all kind of minorities. and the posters were almost all white christian racists.

and they called their postings: free speech.

in germany we call such content nazistic because we experienced where this content ends with.

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:43 pm

thorstenczub wrote:there were postings with antisemitic content, postings with chauvinistic content, xenophobe,homophobe remarks and
against black people, against all kind of people. the whole CTF forum was an amalgan of hate speeches against
all kind of minorities. and the posters were almost all white christian racists.

and they called their postings: free speech.

in germany we call such content nazistic because we experienced where this content ends with.
People who read this without visiting will get a different impression from their own experience. Even chris admits your descriptions are exaggerated. But as soon as he makes that observation, he throws his own exaggerations into the mix so people will not think him as much a stranger to accuracy as you are known to be.