Question for all of you

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
JcMaTe

Question for all of you

Post by JcMaTe » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Why still posting in Talkchess?

When we all know they going to deleted or modify what ever they dont like

For those people still posting there ... If you dont respect yourself nobody else going to respect you.

Let the dogs barking their self on the other side!

Uly

Re: Question for all of you

Post by Uly » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Because the good parts of CCC are good.

The CCT rules thread was a great evidence that talkchess is still the center of the computer chess community, since that thread was posted at several computer chess forums (all of them?), but only at CCC it got the deserved attention (68 replies, and even if 28 of them would be just drama and off-topic attacks, we're left with 40 valid discussion posts).

If you want people to read you, you make a thread at CCC.

I previously quit CCC due to personal problems with specific moderators, but I don't have any problems with the current people at charge, I just follow their rules and everything seems fine.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:51 am

CCC has certain structural and social problems (massive, IMO), but it's still the longest-running, most established computer chess forum on the net. OpenChess was created to provide an alternative to what I observed as major obstacles to uninhibited discussion on CCC, but I'd be insane if I thought that OpenChess would replace CCC from day 1, day 30 or day 365. We simply don't have the same history and userbase here, although that will continue to change and improve with time and use, and I hope that we'll fill a necessary niche, parallel to and independent from talkchess.

Anyhow, as I wrote on CCC, I'm done over there. I'm finishing up my mod term, but that's it for me. The insularity, the abusiveness and recklessness of the "in-crowd" there is simply nothing I want to be associated with anymore. That's my personal choice, though, and members here are free to choose how they use their eyes, fingers and brains.

Jeremy

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:50 pm

JcMaTe wrote:Why still posting in Talkchess?

When we all know they going to deleted or modify what ever they dont like

For those people still posting there ... If you dont respect yourself nobody else going to respect you.

Let the dogs barking their self on the other side!
It's a process. A process takes time.

Ingredient (a) : one first has to become sick and tired from all the fighting.

Ingredient (b) : the realization that nothing will ever change despite the invested efforts.

A and B go hand in hand not of perforce in that order.

Ed

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:CCC has certain structural and social problems (massive, IMO), but it's still the longest-running, most established computer chess forum on the net. OpenChess was created to provide an alternative to what I observed as major obstacles to uninhibited discussion on CCC,
democracy is about having alternatives.
if you do not have an alternative in an election, you don't have democracy.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:48 pm

thorstenczub wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:CCC has certain structural and social problems (massive, IMO), but it's still the longest-running, most established computer chess forum on the net. OpenChess was created to provide an alternative to what I observed as major obstacles to uninhibited discussion on CCC,
There's no democracy because in the last resort the intensely political-religious TCAdmin decides. Power of the Executive (off switch and software controls in this modern day case) was discovered by Stalin as enough, despite the "Democratic Supreme Soviet" who all were executed one by one. As Stalin, so Hull.

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:54 am

Chris Whittington wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:
There's no democracy because in the last resort the intensely political-religious TCAdmin decides. Power of the Executive (off switch and software controls in this modern day case) was discovered by Stalin as enough, despite the "Democratic Supreme Soviet" who all were executed one by one. As Stalin, so Hull.
You had a forum once. What happened?

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:34 am

CCC upcoming election is quite disappointing in my humble opinion. The only candidates running as a team are Prof. Hyatt, Steve B., Fernando V. and, Ted S. It's a shame really -- I was sincerely looking forward to voting for team Graham B., Chris C., and Rolf. Still got my fingers crossed though.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Uly

Post by Uly » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:12 am

kingliveson wrote:Prof. Hyatt, Steve B., Fernando V. and, Ted S.
Wow, a pirate running for moderator, what a shame.

tano-urayoan

Post by tano-urayoan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Ovyron wrote:
kingliveson wrote:Prof. Hyatt, Steve B., Fernando V. and, Ted S.
Wow, a pirate running for moderator, what a shame.
Could you explain with more details, please?