PlayChess Server Down

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.
Grobmeister

PlayChess Server Down

Post by Grobmeister » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Not a good debut for a browser based website by Chessbase. After only being up and running for less than 2 weeks they're down already? Also, it appears that they have presented a chess site that is lacking in several parameters, such as rating settings for example. Being a player with a rating of 2132 I really gain nothing by being forced to play someone rated 1500.

Also, be careful with these guys, as they are known for invading your computer and entering registry keys as well as changing program settings, namely Fritz and Arena programs. Be sure to disable your access to your "Remote Registry" in your services.msc and also install a good boot.ini protection program such as "nProtect MBR Guard" as they will also attempt to hijack your Master Boot Record. Trust me, I am speaking from personal experience. And never install their Playchess software, as this gives them full access to your computer. Actually, it's not a good idea to install any third party software that grants entrance to your computer, as you're just asking for trouble. You'll thank me later. Sean.