Germany vs Spain

Whatever else you want to talk about. Forum rules still apply.

Germany vs Spain

Poll ended at Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:17 am

Germany
7
64%
Spain
4
36%
 
Total votes : 11

Germany vs Spain

Postby schlucke » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:17 am

It seems that a lot of people from other countries say that germany will be the winner of this match. And a lot think that germany will be the world champion. Only we germans don't want to believe ;)

What do you think?

Holger
schlucke
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby Uly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:17 am

I hope Spain wins, it'd be an easier prey for Netherlands.
User avatar
Uly
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby schlucke » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 am

Ovyron wrote:I hope Spain wins, it'd be an easier prey for Netherlands.


That implies two things. First that Germany _is_ stronger than Spain and second that the Netherlands _will_ beat Uruguay. I doubt that both things are true. Just for the case that you are from the Netherlands: Pride comes before the fall ;)
schlucke
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby Rebel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Ovyron wrote:I hope Spain wins, it'd be an easier prey for Netherlands.

I prefer Germany because it brings back the trauma of the lost final against Germany in 1974. This still is a major issue in the Dutch society and more important a red rag to a bull among the Dutch players. Revenge for everything, even for WW2 :mrgreen:

I also voted for Germany, not because I want the cherished final, but because of the brilliant victory against Argentina.

Ed
User avatar
Rebel
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby schlucke » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Rebel wrote:I prefer Germany because it brings back the trauma of the lost final against Germany in 1974. This still is a major issue in the Dutch society and more important a red rag to a bull among the Dutch players. Revenge for everything, even for WW2 :mrgreen:


Thats the point :D

Problem for germans is that we can't cross the border to the Netherlands _if_ we play the final, regardless of the outcome. How schould I explain my son that we can't go on holidays there, only because we beat them :lol:
schlucke
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby Uly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 pm

schlucke wrote:Just for the case that you are from the Netherlands: Pride comes before the fall ;)


I'm from México, but who's going to root for them when it's known a priori that it's impossible for them to win? We can't even go to quarter finals...

So I picked my favorite team, I've been rooting for Holland to win the cup since I was a kid at USA '94, and will keep cheering them until the end, due to their playing style.

Back to topic, there's an octopus oracle that has predicted successfully all the results of Germany (loss against Serbia included), and it has predicted a Spanish win:

http://media.theage.com.au/sport/world- ... 78768.html

:D
User avatar
Uly
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby schlucke » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Ovyron wrote:I'm from México, but who's going to root for them when it's known a priori that it's impossible for them to win? We can't even go to quarter finals...


Yea, I've seen the game against Argentina. Mexico had 20 Minutes left to make the 3:3, but had no luck. That was a pitty, because Argentina was very arrogant ... and if your team would have been a bit more smart :( Anyway we sent them home and that was nice!

Ovyron wrote:Back to topic, there's an octopus oracle that has predicted successfully all the results of Germany (loss against Serbia included), and it has predicted a Spanish win ....


I know the octopus thing, but I don't believe in it. Spain will only win if they are the better team. And if that is the case, they deserve it very well.

Congrats to the win against the Urus, even if the last minutes where a bit dramatic. Nevereless: Spain or Germany in the final is very attractive for the Dutch, but not easy!

Holger
schlucke
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby Uly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Uruguay went crazy on the last minutes, I'm sure with more time they'd have tied Holland!
User avatar
Uly
 
Posts: 838
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby Rebel » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:58 am

Ovyron wrote:Uruguay went crazy on the last minutes, I'm sure with more time they'd have tied Holland!

Who knows :D

Their performance (3th or 4th place) is even more remarkable if you consider the country, only 3.5 million inhabitants.

Ed
User avatar
Rebel
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Germany vs Spain

Postby thorstenczub » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 pm

3-1 germany
User avatar
thorstenczub
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:51 pm
Location: germany, NRW, Lünen

Next

Return to Everything Else

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron