Enigne Arena Open at chesscube.com

As in chess tournaments and matches...
brisas2k

Enigne Arena Open at chesscube.com

Post by brisas2k » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:50 pm

ChessCube Engine Arena (Freestyle) Tournaments

- Information : http://www.chesscube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5412
Hi Cubers,

This is the launch post for the ChessCube Engine Arena Tournaments. (Previously called "Freestyle")
NOTE: 3 updates below.

Here's a quick FAQ/Guide to these events..

What are ChessCube Engine Arena Tournaments?
Engine Arena Tournaments on ChessCube will allow any user entered into these events to play with any form of assistance - such as a chess engine, chess opening books, assistance from friends - anything goes.

We're aware that the chess/ChessCube community would like a platform to test out their chess engine performance, and we're happy to have you play in these events with as much assistance as possible. In fact - we encourage it. Of course, you're more than welcome to play without any assistance, but you might find yourself finishing in last position. :)

Which format are they in?
The tournaments will be a 4 round ChessCube Fairplay event (Min players: 8, Maximum players: 32). It will be unrated, standard chess format.

Where can I find and enter these events?
These events will be in the "Tournaments" panel, listed under the "Scheduled" tab. You'll be able to enter them a few hours before the event starts.

What are the tournament names? And what are prizes and entry fees?
Entry - 100 Cubits.
Prizes (Total 2,500 Cubits): 1st - 900, 2nd - 650, 3rd - 400, 4th - 200, 5th - 100, 6th-10th - 50.

When will these events run?
Engine Arena 1 - 10AM GMT/UTC Daily
Engine Arena 2 - 2PM GMT/UTC Daily
Engine Arena 3 - 4PM GMT/UTC Daily
Engine Arena 4 - 8PM GMT/UTC Daily

What are the time controls?
All tournaments will have a time control of 15 minutes (See updates below).

Will I be banned for playing in them?
Absolutely not. As mentioned above, we're encouraging you to enter them and play with any form of assistance :).

The ChessCube Anti-Cheating Team will not be monitoring games played in these tournaments. Additionally, the fact that a user has entered these tournaments would not be taken into account should the user be under investigation for engine use outside of these events.

Can I use my engine to have a rematch outside of these tournaments?
We do not recommend this at all, as you will be banned from ChessCube.
If you want a rematch with a previous opponent, we recommend waiting until the next event to start that you're both entered into, and wait to see if you're paired up. If however both users are friends on ChessCube, and are willing to play each other in an UNRATED game while both of you are aware that you'll be using assistance.

Note: These tournaments are on a trial run, and may be cancelled at any time.

We hope that you enjoy these tournaments. If you have any feedback on them, please reply to this post, or email support@chesscube.com.

Thanks,
Sean

UPDATES:
As requested, the following changes have since been made:
1 - Changed the time control to 15 minute across all events
2 - Changed the entry fee & prizes for higher Cubit prizes
3 - Changed the entry fee & prizes once again - more Cubits rewarded now to the top 10 instead of top 3:
Entry - 100 Cubits.
Prizes (Total 2,500 Cubits): 1st - 900, 2nd - 650, 3rd - 400, 4th - 200, 5th - 100, 6th-10th - 50.
PS3 Gamer - iPhone 4 and iPad 2 64GB WiFi+3G user - Ferrari F1 Fanatic - Biased F1 Blogger - Metalhead - Community Manager. Comes with a size 10 shoe and a dodgy haircut. Batteries not included. **Please do not PM me - use support@chesscube.com instead**