ABK Gauntlet (1700 games, 10 minute time control)

As in chess tournaments and matches...
Dark_wizzie

ABK Gauntlet (1700 games, 10 minute time control)

Post by Dark_wizzie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:11 am

Hello,

This is my latest rounds of abk book testing. Here is the ending result:

This is a gauntlet, NOT a Round Robin test. However, due to the large sample size (1710 games total), you can get a feel for which books are stronger.

Time Control: 10 minute + 5
CPU: 4670k @ 4.5ghz
GUI: Arena 3.5
Hash: 512mb
Arena Type: Gauntlet (For Fauzi private book)

Please note, that time control means NOTHING without context of CPU speed. Why? If you double calculating speed, that is like doubling the time control. So my 10 minute time control test is approximately equal to a 30 minute time control for my old Q6600 machine. To help you understand the calculating speed in context with the time control, the best way is to list the time control + kilonodes per second. For this I choose Stockfish BETA as it is free and powerful. From starting position as white, after 10 seconds of calculation Stockfish has calculated 78,852k nodes (with 512mb hash). You can now use this value and compare it to your result to figure out how my computing power differs to yours to understand what time control the engine needs to run at to simulate my gauntlet conditions.

I've also finished old ABK tournaments called ABk Book Bash. There have been 3 already. It is in my opinion that the strongest abk book is currently Fauzi private beta. However, alternatives like Diffusion (the latest one you can get your hands on) or even Rotate 7, Yaneo 4, King Liveson, etc, all hold up quite well without being private.

Final note:
In the roster, Houdini_4_pro_x641vx is actually Houdini 4 + Perfect 2012t book. I should have renamed it to Houdini Perfect.

Nelson Hernandez

Re: ABK Gauntlet (1700 games, 10 minute time control)

Post by Nelson Hernandez » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:02 am

.pgn links always appreciated.