dbo.opcode_format('ce', ce) +
dbo.opcode_format('pm', pm) +
dbo.opcode_format('pv', pv) +
dbo.opcode_format('white_wins', white_wins) +
dbo.opcode_format('black_wins', black_wins) +
dbo.opcode_format('draws', draws) +
dbo.opcode_format('Opening', Opening)

FROM Epd
WHERE games > 200 -- if nobody plays the position, how interesting is it? Not very.
AND (white_wins + black_wins) > draws * 1.5 -- Does anyone want to watch a match that goes draw, draw, draw, draw... I know I don't
AND len(Epd) >= 44 -- The position should be (within reason) an opening position
AND abs(coef) < 0.1 -- the actual outcomes should not be lopsided (see white_wins, black_wins and draws for better understanding of coef)
AND abs(ce) < 35 -- The analysis score should not be lopsided if we are trying to determine engine strength
AND abs(ce) > 1 -- no "hardwired" draws please. Some engines score draws as +/- 1. Don't ask me why.
AND len(pm) >= 30 -- There should be lots of alternative moves. Only one or two sensible choices means too many highly similar games
AND acd >= 30 -- The position must have been analyzed to at least 30 plies for the ce analysis to be fully trusted
AND acs >= 180 -- We must have analyzed the position for at least 3 minutes (40 moves in 2 hrs is 3 minutes per move on average)
AND NOT Opening is null -- This position should come from some known opening, rather than some off-the-wall starting point so that people can look up the theory on it
ORDER BY abs(coef) -- The most important factor in selection is the actual outcome in games played. Wins for white and black should be fairly close to the same number.
Attachments
UFO-DECORATED.EPD
The ultra fair openings together with the associated analysis. Some of the EPD tags are non standard. The original definition for pm makes it useless, so I use it to mean the collection of predicted moves, for instance.
(210.64 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
UFO.EPD
Ultra Fair Openings EPD file
(37.42 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

User923005

Re: Ultra fair openings set: ufo.epd

Post by User923005 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:04 am

Same thing in pgn format (some of the transpositions may not be the most popular path to the position).

The interior nodes are not tested, so the assumption is that the gui will use the book for both program.
Attachments
ultra.pgn
Pgn version of ultra fair position set.
(101.71 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

Nelson Hernandez

Re: Ultra fair openings set: ufo.epd

Post by Nelson Hernandez » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:00 am

You learned everything from me! :D