Ghppn

Dark Sister Tests

Post by Ghppn » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:25 pm

Games: https://mega.nz/file/Lw5y1JQT#zDRwSYjdw ... qGtl_eK7j8

Both engines on HD SSD.
With learning disabled
I only used one core
Openings: DOTS6 dorsz-13 poz.
Processor: Intel ® Core ™ i7– 4790 CPU 3.60 GHz (4 Cores, 8 Threads)
Memoriy (RM): 32 GB, System type: 64-bit, Windows 10.
Graphic board: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760

Anton101

Re: Dark Sister Tests

Post by Anton101 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:41 pm

Thank you very much for the test. DOTS is a very good suite.

Very kind for the time and resources invested.

Best regards;

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:18 am

Hello Anton!
You have made some of your engines available for download here in the forum. Currently I see that only Cool Iris is freely accessible. Are your other engines (Dark Sister, Spectral) only ptivat now? You're welcome to do whatever you want, the only problem I have is that I'm now being asked more often about your engines (by email) and I don't know what to answer? Recently someone asked me about Spectral 5.20, but I have no idea where to get this engine.
Peace be with you!

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:42 am

Hi Eduard!

SpecTral and Dark SisTer are engines updated to SF 240923, however there is an important collaboration from a user (So we have decided to leave them as private)...I intend to open two accounts in lichess so that they can play as bots...This will be in November (Will play on modern PCs).

Thanks for asking.

Regards.

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:08 am

Oh one more thing: I saw some players on PlayChess playing with Spectral 5.20 (I also know the real names of some of these players). I assume they are your beta testers. Is that right?

I guess that's why I was asked about your engine because someone saw the engine on PlayChess. I'm sorry Anton, but the same tester of yours also asked me about my Engine Sun. I didn't give it to him. Now he's offended. I'm supposed to give my engine Sun to everyone who asks me about it, but your engines Anton, Eman and ProteusSF are private? I'm going to do that even less now, I'm sorry guys! I will not be your sparring partner. But you can compete against my beta testers on the server, I hope you have fun trying to defeat Sun 4.1 and newer versions! :-)
Peace be with you!

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:29 am

Well, I don't have betatesters, I have a playchess friend and my good friend Ghppn who help me testing the engine versus Sun, Raid, Patzer, Octopus, etcétera.

Now, If you denied your work with some users, it's up to you, I don't have nothing to say about it.

Cool Iris and TACTICAL are free to download, then...they (users), have so many options to play with... SF PB by Skynet, OrgZ's engines, your engines, stockfish, corchess, ShashChess.

Why not to keep private only two engines?

And last thing, for sure!, I'm training everyday DS and SpecTral, I'm ready to play at playchess everytime, it doesn't matter the hardware I have to play versus.

Today I was at playchess server for two hours, perhaps in a few hours, I can left the engine play the double of time (better for the training).

See you in a few hours at server.

Best regards;

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:43 am

I have only given Sun (from version 3) privately to only a few users (can be counted on one hand). That's why you and your tester can't have this engine. If so, then I have to remove another two of my testers from my list of users. As I said, I don't want to be your sparring partner, except on PlayChess, where I play against everyone. I put it this way: If I can't get Eman, Dark Sister, ProteusSF and some other private engines, then I'll do it the same way you do.
Peace be with you!

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:16 pm

Ok.

No problem.

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:45 pm

Eduard, I read on the Playchess server a comment about the warning about only allowing three of your friends to use your private engines (Solista blog).

It seems very good to me!

I just want to inform you that I have never requested a private engine from you, and I am not going to do so because I do not need it, and yes, any free downloadable stockfish clone engine will be used as sparring for the training of my engines, in fact now I use the SF 260923 update as sparring, as simple as compiling and that's it. These comments on your blog are too much for me. I don't read the src of your engines or OrgZ or anyone else, I think that the individuality of choosing commits to the engines is a very personal decision. And on the other hand Dark SisTer and SpecTral will be private, because starting November they will play in lichess as bots. TACTICAL and Cool Iris will continue to be free to download (I suggest starting to train the engines for the users who have favored me by using them).

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:36 pm

Hello Anton, it's nice that we can discuss things here. I completely understand if you make your engine private. As far as Spectral and Dark Sister are concerned: A friend of mine wrote to me that he had searched in vain for Spectral 5.20 on the Internet. Because I couldn't help him (I don't need this engine myself because I only test on PlayChess) I wrote to you.

I'm a little confused when you say that Dark Sister and Spectral are now private. There is someone on PlayChess (I don't want to write his real name here), but he has many computers (he has at least 4 accounts on PlayChess alone).

He recently played with Spectral 5.20, and is currently playing live with his accounts with Dark Sister 8.21:

His accounts are Theorymaster, Brainlearn, Chiliklaus and Mtbms. If you don't share your engine, then I have to assume that this player got the engine as your beta tester? The same guy also wanted my private engine Sun 4.1. I'm sorry but if he acts as your beta tester then he won't get my engine. Besides, I don't trust him!! Just because I didn't want to give him my engine, he insulted me in the chat on PlayChess yesterday by calling me a liar and a cheat. As I said, I just told him that I don't share my engine with him, nothing more and nothing less. He even called me by phone and asked for my engine. Nobody needs people who insult others just because they don't get something they would like. If he is your tester, then I hope you have fun with him.
Peace be with you!