Strong Tournament to be held at the Rybka Forum

As in chess tournaments and matches...
TheHug

Strong Tournament to be held at the Rybka Forum

Post by TheHug » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:40 am

Hi to all the OpenChess players! In the last few days there has been in the works a strong tournament on the Rybka Forum. I have been looking into the interest of having a type of World Chess Corr Blitz Championship. With the time controls being 2 to 3 days per move. There will be a time out or some kind of extra time system in place to get you a chance to AN critical positions. As of now there are discussions on the Rybka Forum for a Tournament Format that would be comfort to most of the players who play. I have been talking to the person who does the web design there and would are working out a new sub forum to keep this tournament organized and working a clock system so everyone can keep track of there time. I'm also having a prize fund organized to the top 10 finishers. Not so much for give money to the players, but as more a means to keep all the players interested and not have any problems with aborted games. This tournament will have 3 TD's to help with any problems that may come up. We are planing on having the tournament just after the new year. If any are interested in playing in a World Chess Corr. Blitz Championship or if you have any questions or comments. Let know on here or you can leave a message on the rybka forum my user name is "thehug" the Rykba Forum site -->http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforum/forum_show.pl

Thanks,

Jimmy