Testing positions

As in chess tournaments and matches...
Gino

Testing positions

Post by Gino » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:19 pm

I am interested in running progressively longer time control head-to-head matches in order to maybe find positions where one engine is clearly better than the comparison.

I started with 25 min/game matches and identified positions right out of the opening book where an engine A scored wins from both sides against engine B.

Now I plan to focus on those positions and double the time control to see if engine A is still superior from both sides of the board.

Does that make any sense?

Kurt

Re: Testing positions

Post by Kurt » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Gino wrote:I am interested in running progressively longer time control head-to-head matches in order to maybe find positions where one engine is clearly better than the comparison.

I started with 25 min/game matches and identified positions right out of the opening book where an engine A scored wins from both sides against engine B.

Now I plan to focus on those positions and double the time control to see if engine A is still superior from both sides of the board.

Does that make any sense?
Hi Gino
Such comparisons are always very interesting and may sometimes show surprising results.
Regards
Kurt