TCEC Season 8?!

Moderator: Psyck

nemo engine fan

TCEC Season 8?!

Post by nemo engine fan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:11 pm

I wondered, is there any news when TCEC season 8 will start? It was said to be mid-march so I would want to hear news about that. ;)

KingKomodo

Re: TCEC Season 8?!

Post by KingKomodo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:33 am

I think that there might be some cause for concern for Martin here. Particularly this is due to what Nelson Hernandez wrote on the Rybka forum on March 27th, 2015 - in which he stated:

"You may be right! I sent Martin an email asking about next season some days ago and have gotten no response. There is definitely some cause for concern as he almost always responds within hours and there was no hint in his last communication (February 13) that anything was amiss. He said at that time that he'd "get back to me" on the tournament which of course he hasn't".

Where did he go?

nemo engine fan

Post by nemo engine fan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:19 am

Good to see that Martin is back and also that chatwing is back on the site. :)

lucasart

Post by lucasart » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:16 am

Is TCEC over ?
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." -- Linus Torvalds.

Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:43 pm

lucasart wrote:Is TCEC over ?
Nobody seems to know. Nelson and I have not heard anything from Martin since February, and I do not know of anybody else who has either.

BB+

Post by BB+ » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:32 am

https://www.facebook.com/tcec.chess

TCEC - Thoresen Chess Engines Competition June 22 at 8:34pm ·

TCEC Season 8 official announcement:

TCEC Season 8 is confirmed to start this August! The exact date will be announced in a few days and will be between the 10th and the 15th of the month.

The season will be organized by Chessdom.com, ChessArena.com and Martin Thoresen as technical director. The format will be similar to last time with a few tweaks: Stages 1a and 1b will be joined in a single round robin Stage 1. Later stages will be made longer as per user feedback from last season.

Engine owners and TCEC friends will be contacted soon by email with details.

If you have any suggestions, ideas, or you just want to help the new Season 8, do not hesitate to send us an email to info@chessdom.com