Questions for BB about Rybka PST = Fruit PST

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
Rebel

Re: Questions for BB about Rybka PST = Fruit PST

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:13 pm

BB+ wrote: Romstad (who defended VR vehemently in the beginning, then changed his mind
Please help me out, I have read the Panel forum, where does Tord say anything at all ?

Or was it in private?

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Rebel wrote:
BB+ wrote: Romstad (who defended VR vehemently in the beginning, then changed his mind
Please help me out, I have read the Panel forum, where does Tord say anything at all ?

Or was it in private?
His defense of Vas 5 years ago v. his contemporary conviction (stated either here or on talkchess) that Vas is guilty of plagiarism.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:21 pm

mjlef wrote:
Rebel wrote:It's far more likely I will never enter an IGCA panel that first refuses to enter the only critical voice (how convenient) and then punish out of proportion without even considering their own role in the drama, not even have the politeness of an answer when you address it.
This is not true. I found the panel members to be very critical. Evidence was carefully examined, and corrected and expended when information was found missing or incomplete. Several panel members played devil's advocate, arguing for Vas's side. Stating that Chris wold have been the only "critical voice" implies the panel members were dishonest in their duties. I found the active panel members were serious and scientific, and certainly critical.
I have read the 214 panel postings, I noticed none.

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Rebel wrote:

Or was it in private?

If you have "been out of the loop" for 5 years, how about "catching up" before you start your usual nonsense?

One just needs to go back to CCC when the fruit/rybka situation was first noticed. Or more recently where Tord made the very statement that was mentioned about not believing it at first, but after seeing all the evidence over a period of several years, changed his mind...

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Rebel wrote:
mjlef wrote:
Rebel wrote:It's far more likely I will never enter an IGCA panel that first refuses to enter the only critical voice (how convenient) and then punish out of proportion without even considering their own role in the drama, not even have the politeness of an answer when you address it.
This is not true. I found the panel members to be very critical. Evidence was carefully examined, and corrected and expended when information was found missing or incomplete. Several panel members played devil's advocate, arguing for Vas's side. Stating that Chris wold have been the only "critical voice" implies the panel members were dishonest in their duties. I found the active panel members were serious and scientific, and certainly critical.
I have read the 214 panel postings, I noticed none.

Then you are an idiot. I even quoted 4-5 posts (snippets) and posted them on the Rybka forum. If you can't find them, you are just not looking...

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

I don't know why I bother responding to your obvious trolls, but if you go to the panel only forum, click "discussion(214)" and then click any thread started by "croberson2" Did you ignore those? There are others dealing with wording in the report, which version(s) should we check, etc. Which leads me to conclude you did NOT "read all 214 posts".

Next you will want me to provide the individual posts that questioned the process or the results. It is always "show me where because I am too lazy to find it for myself..." Even better, you should have stuck around and participated and you would have seen the discussions. But, instead, you chose to pout when Chris did not get in, and you left...

And then you post that there are no pro-vas posts, nor any posts critical of the evidence/report...

BB+

Post by BB+ » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:56 am

Rebel wrote:
BB+ wrote:Romstad (who defended VR vehemently in the beginning, then changed his mind
You are correct that Tord said nothing in the Panel forum, AFAIK. You are incorrect to attribute my above comment to being Panel-related.

Here was the context for my comment: http://www.stmintz.com/ccc/index.php?id=467224
Tord wrote:Subject: Rybka a fruit clone? Of course not!
Author: Tord Romstad
Date: 00:20:17 12/06/05

Nobody who knows Vasik, has read his numerous insightful posts on this forum, and is familiar with earlier versions of Rybka could possibly believe that Rybka is a Fruit clone. On the contrary, I think Rybka is probably the most original of all the top programs.
And the latter reversal: http://www.open-chess.org/viewtopic.php ... 814#p10814
Tord wrote:Not one of my proudest moments. I was simply dead wrong. Happens to most of us sometimes.