Arena automation

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
TomLynch

Arena automation

Post by TomLynch » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:09 am

Arena tech support sought: Need to automate epd for multi-position input, storing the results and establishing maximum time per move to account for lag. Working full-time on chess with new Quad Core unit and now Stockfish, Critter and Firebird accompanying the centrally used Houdini.

noctiferus

Re: Arena automation

Post by noctiferus » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:09 pm

If I understand what you want to do, you should find help for your idea in STS strategic suite by Swaminathan, his epd files and instructions

http://sites.google.com/site/strategictestsuite/about-1

TomLynch

Re: Arena automation

Post by TomLynch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:54 am

Hi, and thanks for responding. (I had assumed this site sends email notifications of responses.) Some progress has been made here and what I'm looking at now is creating a pgn file in Arena. In typing an arbitarily conceived of file in 'PGN' I was told the file doesn't exist, a message received countless times in tasks with my desktop. So how does one establish a file? I see 'File'
in upper left and Arena's 'Help' says click 'Load.' I see only 'Open.' If I click 'Open' and type a made up file name, then what?
I would then attempt to place 5 in game positions into the PGN and try a practice run. What to do after that is in question, but I have a step-by-step noted on this from another source. Thanks and best wishes.