Fritz 11

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
Rebel

Fritz 11

Post by Rebel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:48 am

BB+ wrote: I have spent only a few hours looking at Fritz. I spent much more time looking at Rybka. It is clear to me at this point that DF11 is not Fruit-derivative in its eval or PST. I am not too concerned about every last detail (such as whether the PST is scaled when folded in: it seems not to be -- look at the make-move routine of 0x1002c800 and the 0x10129f60 redirection(s) to the above data). I may look a little at the search, but at this point, it is largely a time-wasting exercise to me -- particularly as no matter what I say, or what I evidence I give, the claim will just shift.

I'd also say, from my standpoint the Fritz code is less understandable than Rybka's, due to the use of more obscure ASM/MMX instructions. I also am unable to actually run the engine, unlike with Rybka. At any rate, as can be seen from my comments in the disassembly posted at the head of this thread, it is possible to translate DF11 to "human language". :lol:
Rehashing an old topic. Looks like Kai's accusation has some ground. With a trick I was able to measure the similarity between Fritz 11 (not DF 11) and Strelka. See thread under development.

Now I want to look into the binary but I am not sure which file. I checked the binary Fritz Chess Benchmark and the MMX code is indeed omnipresent, however no MMX stuff in the main program ChessProgram11. I checked the DLL's, no MMX stuff either. So I assume the Fritz Chess Benchmark is where the engine is but somehow this strikes me as odd.

Meaning, which file did you investigate?

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Fritz 11

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:17 am

CB Engines: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ChessBase\Engines

jb

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Nope, that's the place for non-native CB engines.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Rebel wrote:Nope, that's the place for non-native CB engines.
I'm afraid you're mistaken. Unless Deep Fritz 13.engine and Fritz 11 SE.engine are non-native engines.

jb

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:08 pm

You are right, I looked at the usual place: C:\Program Files (x86)\ChessBase\Engines but overlooked:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ChessBase\Engines

And yes, the MMX code is there in its full glory.