Annual reminder

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
Rebel

Annual reminder

Post by Rebel » Sun May 24, 2015 11:06 pm

In case you are new to chess programming (welcome!) then surely you are aware of the ongoing controversy regarding cloning of open sources, taking ideas and/or code from others, the so called ethics of a chess programmer.

In the past a large part of the chess programmers community (currently 38) have subscribed to an ethical code of honor in which transparency about the origin is much more important than the origin itself.

As such we offer you the chance to become a member of the programmer code of honor via: [ http://www.top-5000.nl/programmer_code.htm ] and describe your work.

I wish you a good ELO hunt but most of all the feeling of satisfaction our creative hobby gives.

terrapene

Re: Annual reminder

Post by terrapene » Wed May 27, 2015 5:01 pm

Rebel wrote:In case you are new to chess programming (welcome!) then surely you are aware of the ongoing controversy regarding cloning of open sources, taking ideas and/or code from others, the so called ethics of a chess programmer.

In the past a large part of the chess programmers community (currently 38) have subscribed to an ethical code of honor in which transparency about the origin is much more important than the origin itself.

As such we offer you the chance to become a member of the programmer code of honor via: [ http://www.top-5000.nl/programmer_code.htm ] and describe your work.

I wish you a good ELO hunt but most of all the feeling of satisfaction our creative hobby gives.
why do i notice two missing names from the list?
Vasik rajlich and Chris Whittington.
are they not transparent, or not honored?

and the first guy on the list, he only lisits two of his programs?
where are chesssmachine, gideon, mephisto MM IV, mephuisto polgar, mephisto rebell, mephisto rISC
are they dishonored?

Rebel

Re: Annual reminder

Post by Rebel » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:34 pm

terrapene wrote:
Rebel wrote:In case you are new to chess programming (welcome!) then surely you are aware of the ongoing controversy regarding cloning of open sources, taking ideas and/or code from others, the so called ethics of a chess programmer.

and the first guy on the list, he only lisits two of his programs?
where are chesssmachine, gideon, mephisto MM IV, mephuisto polgar, mephisto rebell, mephisto rISC
are they dishonored?
A little bird told me he is not so popular any longer.