ChatGPT and Chess

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
SaraOMalley

Re: ChatGPT and Chess

Post by SaraOMalley » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:27 am

This convertor ensures that my audio is perfectly synchronized with the video. I also appreciate its support for various video resolutions and aspect ratios, SoundCloud Converter optimizing my content for different platforms.

BriannaChauncy

Post by BriannaChauncy » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:34 pm

The evolution of payment methods has significantly influenced the online shopping landscape in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Nails makeup online Arabia's rapid digital transformation has played a pivotal role in shaping the landscape of online shopping.

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:42 pm

ezpz420 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:48 pm
Hi Everyone, I'm new here and joined after becoming interested in the relationship between LLMs and chess programming. I think a lot of us have seen that LLMs hallucinate quite a bit with chess and have difficulty reasoning and understanding the game. I thought it would be interesting the leverage existing chess engines with their insights as context for LLMs to create more human intelligible understanding of what is going on in a game. However, when I feed chat gpt a pgn of a game, an evaluation from stockfish, and a suggested move from stockfish, it still does a poor job of gleaning insights and demonstrating understanding of what is happening during a given board state.

To improve upon this I have hypothesized a few ways to work around this
Finetuning: This would require a manicured dataset with annotations of games
Reinforcement Learning: This would be a very difficult endeavor, but I was thinking that theoretically it would be possible to have an LLM give a move suggestion along with its 'reasoning' and then check the move suggestion with stockfish. If the evaluation is strong then this could act as a reward function. The hope would be that the LLM would update its weights in a way that would provide more human intelligible commentary, move suggestions and reasoning that is in line with the game.

I am new to chess programming so I would love everyones' thoughts on this idea. I'd also be interested in working on a project with anyone who is interested in taking this on. It is likely outside of my technical ability so far.
I'm also interested, but this forum is a mess. It's full of dummies watching the finger showing the moon and not the moon :mrgreen: Instead of talking about code, you cannot discuss anything trying only to skip their spam. (Avoid to share anything with Emptykbest that is a code thief, and others like IbaiBur a kid that for sure will offend me here again).

You can join me here I'm developing a chess engine based on AI. On my forum (where they cannot write silly things, since I'm admin) you will find all the details about my project.

Regards, Alex

tt-StockFish

Post by tt-StockFish » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:19 pm

@AlexChess don't you think we really care about your engine since it doesn't have any interest as you're just a farmer?