Implementing UCI Protocol

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
BB+

Re: Implementing UCI Protocol

Post by BB+ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 am

As for "go", to the best of my knowledge, this is undefined as-is, and requires some modifiers. Some interpret an unmodified "go" to mean "go infinite", and others just search 5 ply or something. There is also a question of what to do when a "go ..." command is received before a "position" command -- for instance, Komodo 1.0 responds: info depth 1 time 0 nodes 2 score mate 1 nps 0 pv e1c1, so it must have some funky "default" position here.

I really have no idea about why Arena might be complaining about an illegal move. You might try logging the through-put to try to determine this.

Kolarik

Post by Kolarik » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:58 pm

"You might try logging the through-put to try to determine this."

How would I go about doing this?

BB+

Post by BB+ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:12 pm

One method is with the "InBetween" programme (http://home.online.no/~malin/sjakk) though I have never used it, and really can't tell you much about it.

Kolarik

Post by Kolarik » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:20 am

Well thank you for finding it but I have fixed the problem. There was an error in my position function that was incorrectly fixing the position so the engine was indeed sending illegal moves.

Thank you VERY much for all of your help with this engine. Ill make sure to put you in the credits.