need help with Robbobases/Triplebases.

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Matthias Gemuh

need help with Robbobases/Triplebases.

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 am

I need help with Robbobases/Triplebases.

Some Triplebases are named TRIPLE.*, others are named TRIPLE0.*
a) Which are new ?
b) Must any be renamed before use ?

Are there new Robbototalbases ?
If so, where can I get only the 3-men and 4-men somewhere ?

I am trying to make ChessGUI support Robbobases better.

Thanks,
Matthias.
Aided by engines, GMs can be very strong.
http://www.hylogic.de

kingliveson

Re: need help with Robbobases/Triplebases.

Post by kingliveson » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:29 am

TRIPLE[#].* are the newer TripleBases and renaming is not required. There are no new RobboTotalBase format. You can find the older format RobboTripleBase here, along with RobboTotalBase. The newer RobboTripleBase are available here, and additional RobboTotalBase download source, here.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:05 am

kingliveson wrote:TRIPLE[#].* are the newer TripleBases and renaming is not required. There are no new RobboTotalBase format. You can find the older format RobboTripleBase here, along with RobboTotalBase. The newer RobboTripleBase are available here, and additional RobboTotalBase download source, here.
Thanks, kingliveson !

ChessGUI 0.227 will be released today and support Robbobases better. However, TRIPLE and TRIPLE[#] must be in same folder.
Folders 2, 3, 4, 5, etc remain distinct, but each contains corresponding TRIPLE and TRIPLE[#].
"support" means you define one path in GUI and perhaps nothing in engine config.

Matthias.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:20 am

Hi Matthias, I don't believe you need to add GUI support for RobboTripleBase as it is specific to IvanHoe's search() which already has UCI support. RobboTotalBase ChessGUI end-game support for other engines as you would Nalimov, I think is probably what you are looking to implement -- correct me if am wrong.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:24 am

ChessGUI 0.227 is out.
-Robbobases support greatly improved.
(Remember to put new and old Triplebases in same folders).

Either I have not configured the engines well, or Robbobases support is broken in:
Fire 1.5 xTreme x64, Fire 2.1 xTreme x64, IvanHoe C1-47c w32, IvanHoe, C1-47c x64, Ivanhoe B47cB x64

Where applicable, the following use Robbobases fine under ChessGUI 0.227:
DeepSaros 2.3d, DeepSaros 2.3gs, Fire 1.30 w32, Fire 1.31 w32, Fire 1.31 x64, Fire 1.5 xTreme w32, Fire 2.1 xTreme w32, Fire 2.2 xTreme w32, Fire 2.2 xTreme x64, FireBird 1.01 w32, FireBird 1.1 w32, FireBird 1.2 w32, IvanHoe 49WH_03_w32, IvanHoe 9.53b w32, IvanHoe 9.57b w32, IvanHoe 9.68bt w32, IvanHoe T49j2 w32, IvanHoe T49j2 x64, Ivanhoe B47cB x32, Ivanhoe-WH_24b.

Matthias.

Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:29 pm

kingliveson wrote:Hi Matthias, I don't believe you need to add GUI support for RobboTripleBase as it is specific to IvanHoe's search() which already has UCI support. RobboTotalBase ChessGUI end-game support for other engines as you would Nalimov, I think is probably what you are looking to implement -- correct me if am wrong.
king,

ChessGUI 0.227 demonstrates the concept, especially if the engines have not yet been configured for Robbobases.
Some engines can even use Robbobases without any configuration at all.

Matthias.

veritas

Post by veritas » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:00 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
kingliveson wrote:Hi Matthias, I don't believe you need to add GUI support for RobboTripleBase as it is specific to IvanHoe's search() which already has UCI support. RobboTotalBase ChessGUI end-game support for other engines as you would Nalimov, I think is probably what you are looking to implement -- correct me if am wrong.
king,

ChessGUI 0.227 demonstrates the concept, especially if the engines have not yet been configured for Robbobases.

Matthias.
"Some engines " ?

names of those engines are ? :arrow:

Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:19 pm

veritas wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
king,

Matthias.
"Some engines " ?

FireBird 1.2 w32, IvanHoe T49j2 w32, IvanHoe T49j2 x64, etc. (but ChessGUI must be setup to offer RobboBases).

veritas

Post by veritas » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
veritas wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
king,

Matthias.
"Some engines " ?

FireBird 1.2 w32, IvanHoe T49j2 w32, IvanHoe T49j2 x64, etc. (but ChessGUI must be setup to offer RobboBases).
hmm... ok thanx ,the way you posted "some" engines i thought meant non robobase enabled ones , wishful thinking on my part i guess
see there just krankibum's and Doctor Georges you've named , couldn't beat Houdini or next best if they were eggs really, with or without robbobases
all the best with your gui though

KellyRae

Post by KellyRae » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Trying to do an engine tournament with Chessbase GUI.

2 problems I am having with EGTB
1 - Gaviota bases - have set TB Directory for the Gaviota compressed EGTB files in the Gaviota Tablebases list of directories under the "Options" menu under "File" -- it works fine for Houdini and Critter, but Gaviota engine now freezes up - not sure why
2 - RobboTotalBases and RobboTripleBases -- I've downloaded Ivanhoe v999946 and the 2/3/4/5/Z TotalBases and TripleBases - I've included in the .UCI file under [OPTIONS] the lines (per instructions in the readme file that came with the Ivanhoe download):
RobboTotalBasesDirectory=E:\RobboBases\RobboTotalBase
RobboTripleBasesDirectory=E:\RobboBases\RobboTripleBase
This doesn't seem to work -- any thoughts as to why not?