Has anybody tested HIARCS 14WCSC or Strelka 5.5?

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
AnthonyTheSage

Has anybody tested HIARCS 14WCSC or Strelka 5.5?

Post by AnthonyTheSage » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:15 pm

I've seen this Hiarcs 14WCSC floating around; I'm not whether it's a beta copy or not? The Hiarcs site doesn't seem to be sure either; Some pages seem to suggest Hiarcs 14 had been releseased, others suggest it's unavailable.? The realease of Strelka 5.5 is also very interesting. I know 5.1 was close to Houdini, if this one is stronger it could be interesting in deed.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Has anybody tested HIARCS 14WCSC or Strelka 5.5?

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 pm

AnthonyTheSage wrote:I've seen this Hiarcs 14WCSC floating around; I'm not whether it's a beta copy or not? The Hiarcs site doesn't seem to be sure either; Some pages seem to suggest Hiarcs 14 had been releseased, others suggest it's unavailable.? The realease of Strelka 5.5 is also very interesting. I know 5.1 was close to Houdini, if this one is stronger it could be interesting in deed.
According to Mark Uniacke (on the HIARCS forum), HIARCS 14 WCSC was a private version, presumably circulated to just a few people, but apparently with a public download URL that someone discovered and circulated. It's not HIARCS 14, and Mark didn't sound happy that it's being passed around.

A bunch of people are testing Strelka 5.5 in the Immortal forum.

Jeremy

thorstenczub

Re: Has anybody tested HIARCS 14WCSC or Strelka 5.5?

Post by thorstenczub » Fri May 04, 2012 8:27 am

AnthonyTheSage wrote:I've seen this Hiarcs 14WCSC floating around; I'm not whether it's a beta copy or not? The Hiarcs site doesn't seem to be sure either; Some pages seem to suggest Hiarcs 14 had been releseased, others suggest it's unavailable.? The realease of Strelka 5.5 is also very interesting. I know 5.1 was close to Houdini, if this one is stronger it could be interesting in deed.

i tested strelka5.5 and also stockfish 120331 .
they are both weaker than 5.1 or 2.2.2.

quite disapointing.

lets wait for the new hiarcs beeing sold soon.