Free game recording software for Android?

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
ChessDrone

Re: Free game recording software for Android?

Post by ChessDrone » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:07 am

Someone has a copy of

Code: Select all

pgnres13.zip
please.
Cause the site no longer exists.
http://web.archive.org/web/200104120232 ... pgnres.htm
This software is remarkable. http://web.archive.org/web/200104231355 ... sample.txt

AartBik

Post by AartBik » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:52 am

jjh13 wrote:I tested Chess for Android and I'm not sure if it is possible to save games that are inputted using the Free Play option. There is two options for saving a game. The first is "Save Game to SD" but do not ask for a name for the file or the names of the players.
Save the game to SD does exactly what you want. It appends the game to a file, by default called "games.pgn" for games you enter, or "tour.pgn" for games that are played by automatic tournaments. You can change these default names (and paths) using the "Change Pathnames" command. You can also copy-and-paste games through the clipboard, or use the "share" button to import them in any other Chess gui that supports this feature.

For a small online manual, see this small online manual.

jjh13

Post by jjh13 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:10 pm

AartBik wrote: Save the game to SD does exactly what you want. It appends the game to a file, by default called "games.pgn" for games you enter, or "tour.pgn" for games that are played by automatic tournaments. You can change these default names (and paths) using the "Change Pathnames" command. You can also copy-and-paste games through the clipboard, or use the "share" button to import them in any other Chess gui that supports this feature.

For a small online manual, see this small online manual.
Thank you for your reply (and even more for your software!). In Scid on the go I can insert the names for the players (and other information) when I'm saving the game. In Chess for Android the players names would be "Self" and I would have to insert the names later. So, while what I want is doable with Chess for Android, Scid on the Go keeps the workflow a bit simpler for my task.

jjh13

Post by jjh13 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:29 pm

ChessDrone wrote: But you're right, we do not see that and I think it is a question of read/write systems
I've done with an android application "x-plore" and moved to a nearby export.pgn folder, and then I was able to retrieve the file.
I checked this again today and the scid folder is visible now through mtp. Maybe the problem was due to having installed Scid on the go just an hour or two before?

(When the folder was not visible, I did what you suggested and copied the pgn file to an other folder with a file manager on the Nexus. Even the copied file was not visible through mtp although everything else in the folder was. :? I then tried to shutdown and reboot my Nexus but it did not make a difference. Today the copied file is also visible...)