Stockfish TCEC6 PA_GTB

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
brisas2k

Re: Stockfish TCEC6 PA_GTB

Post by brisas2k » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:14 pm

I also prefer to have a learning stockfish, even without tb support, if that's all we can get.

My understanding is that Jeremy is quite busy helping the Komodo team.

If that's the case, we probably will not see any updates by him any more.

I don't know what's going to be the fate of pa_gtb, but I would like to see a group dedicated to maintaining this stockfish version.

I am seriously contemplating crowd funding to maintain this project alive.

I am willing to help. I am even taking programming lessons, in the event that I can contribute to the effort.
Peter wrote:
User923005 wrote:Gaviota tablebase files give perfect information.
However, I'd be even more happy with a learning Stockfish6 without any tbs or bbs than with a nonlearning one with Gaviotas, a nonlearning one with Syzygys we already have anyhow since quite a while, in the meantime there's rather some of them again, but there's not a single learning one among them.
:)

BorgKing

Post by BorgKing » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Is there any chance of getting the PA_GTB stuff added to a fork of Stockfish 7?

Or does it already exist somewhere unknown to google? :)

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 am

BorgKing wrote:Is there any chance of getting the PA_GTB stuff added to a fork of Stockfish 7?

Or does it already exist somewhere unknown to google? :)
The Stockfish 7 sources have diverged so significantly from the sources used to create the PA_GTB version that I'm not willing to take the time to get it all working. I think it was an interesting project, but it should probably be reimplemented for SF7 by someone who is passionate about it. I have little time for chess in general recently, but my chess programming time is devoted to helping out the Komodo team or working on the TCEC backend.

Best, Jeremy