Multiplayer chess using PHP

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Josso

Multiplayer chess using PHP

Post by Josso » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello guys I am trying to hunt down some chess that I can put on my server(s) but I've gone through "phpchess" and the much simpler "webchess" already and they both had issues that prevented me from wanting to keep them permanently. Does anyone know of a system that uses optional or no login? aka games are activated via password, I want to be able to send someone a URL and a password for simplicity (has to do with maintaining a decent size of user base, want to make it as convenient as possible..) It's possible I could just hack the user/login system out of existing software, but I'd rather find something that was designed to do it.

FYI my experiences are that "webchess" is very stable but a little too simple (doesn't even hash passwords, no multiple games simultaneously, etc) and then phpchess has a lot of functions and a good interface but I've had to fix/reinstall it on at least 3 occasions for no apparent reason.

(PS: wasn't sure whether to put this in programming or not, move if appropriate)

boarrdgamer

Re: Multiplayer chess using PHP

Post by boarrdgamer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:03 pm

hello Josso,

We're currently working on a development of a portal with skill games to play with friends online on both desktops and mobiles and it's quite flexible by means of integration with other services. What kind of servers do you have? Maybe we can establish some sort of a partnership? What do you think?

btw, here is our portal http://skillgamesboard.com

Look forward to receiving your reply.

Cheers,
Nick