Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
What are some of the missing chess software features that you guys wished existed and would be willing to pay for. I'm looking for a small interesting project to work on in chess.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 am
as multipv is slow, show the preliminary,incomplete,estimated evals , eval-bounds, move orderings ,
of the other moves
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:00 pm
As superficial as it sounds, I'm really into simple, clean and intuitive interfaces. I don't like 3D graphics or skeuomorphic design.
Features I like to see are:
1. Managing my games
2. Easy entry/pasting of games
3. Easy pasting of positions
4. I'd like to see more metrics for benchmarking and tracking my personal performance (I'm doing some personal research in this area and can share more details if interested)
-I like how Lichess.org provides a summary of the number of blunders, mistakes and inaccuracies and the scoring on a timeline.
-Quality of chess play metric (this is a newly researched metric)
I recently started to mock up a Chess GUI concept but I'm unable to post the screenshots here.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 pm
Return to Engines, GUIs, Books and Platforms
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests