Torch now on Chess.com

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Gator007

Re: Torch now on Chess.com

Post by Gator007 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:29 pm

I agree, if Kaufman et al were content with being second, why bother with Torch. I think with the backing of Chess.com, Torch may be a worthy contender.

sarona

Post by sarona » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:39 am

I have interacted with Andrew Grant, who is heading up the Torch project, in the past and have never had reason to doubt his integrity. He has always been up front and professional when dealing with me. I do not think there is anything "fishy" about Torch and I think a Stockfish-Lc0-Torch competitive rivalry will be a good thing for computer chess.

Homayoun

Post by Homayoun » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:54 am

sarona wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:39 am
I have interacted with Andrew Grant, who is heading up the Torch project, in the past and have never had reason to doubt his integrity. He has always been up front and professional when dealing with me. I do not think there is anything "fishy" about Torch and I think a Stockfish-Lc0-Torch competitive rivalry will be a good thing for computer chess.
Exactly, I completely agree. When we consider the names who are active in torch project, we see all of them have their own words and claims in chess programming and even chess play. ( one of them is a grandmaster who supervises the project) its obvious that they want to propose something new and worthy to chess community. I wish them success because It will be better for chess community and even for stockfish team too, because progress will only achieved by competition.
Greetings