Brainlearn 26.4

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Homayoun

Re: Brainlearn 26.4

Post by Homayoun » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 pm

APOCALYPSE wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:59 pm
IbaiBuR wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:13 am
APOCALYPSE wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:40 am
Gives an error when compiling CURL files :roll: 🤔
You need to have the libcurl library installed, that is why it gives an error. BrainLearn needs it to make API requests to chessDB for LiveBook usage.

In Linux it is quite easy to install it, because you only have to install libcurl4-openssl-dev with you package manager depending on the distribution you use.

For Windows, you'll notice that when you download the BrainLearn source code there is a folder called "curl", there you'll find the necessary files for compilation.

I am not sure, but I think you'll have to move the curl folder into mingw64/bin/include in order to make the compilation work.

If you don't manage to compile it just use the pre-compiled binaries that Andrea uploaded in the latest release tag.

Regards.
Nothing works from your advice, could you provide more precise help?
May be the new version 26.5 ,with bug fix (in make file part), can help you. I shared it.
Best regards

APOCALYPSE

Post by APOCALYPSE » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:58 pm

Homayoun wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:32 pm
APOCALYPSE wrote:
IbaiBuR wrote:
APOCALYPSE wrote:
You need to have the libcurl library installed, that is why it gives an error. BrainLearn needs it to make API requests to chessDB for LiveBook usage.

In Linux it is quite easy to install it, because you only have to install libcurl4-openssl-dev with you package manager depending on the distribution you use.

For Windows, you'll notice that when you download the BrainLearn source code there is a folder called "curl", there you'll find the necessary files for compilation.

I am not sure, but I think you'll have to move the curl folder into mingw64/bin/include in order to make the compilation work.

If you don't manage to compile it just use the pre-compiled binaries that Andrea uploaded in the latest release tag.

Regards.
May be the new version 26.5 ,with bug fix (in make file part), can help you. I shared it.
Best regards
To no avail and the same as in the previous version.

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:41 pm

APOCALYPSE wrote:
IbaiBuR wrote:
APOCALYPSE wrote:

Regards.
and you call yourself a programmer what a lol.

if you have ming x64 (if its x32 you do it in there :roll: )
>the curl folder to:
x86_w64-mingw32\include

>file libcurl.a to:
x86_w64-mingw32\lib

IbaiBuR

Post by IbaiBuR » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:39 am

Probably it is like OrgZ explained. It is easy to follow.

Thanks for pointing out the right paths OrgZ, since I dont use Windows I was not really sure where the files had to go lol.

Regards,

Ibai

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:52 am

IbaiBuR wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:39 am
Probably it is like OrgZ explained. It is easy to follow.

Thanks for pointing out the right paths OrgZ, since I dont use Windows I was not really sure where the files had to go lol.

Regards,

Ibai
No Worries mate😉

APOCALYPSE

Post by APOCALYPSE » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:47 pm

OrgZ wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:41 pm
APOCALYPSE wrote:
IbaiBuR wrote:
APOCALYPSE wrote:

Regards.
and you call yourself a programmer what a lol.

if you have ming x64 (if its x32 you do it in there :roll: )
>the curl folder to:
x86_w64-mingw32\include

>file libcurl.a to:
x86_w64-mingw32\lib
Thanks.

What is this other archive in the source code of this engine called OpenBLAS.7z, could you explain what it is for and what to do with it?

APOCALYPSE

Post by APOCALYPSE » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:59 pm

🤷

Homayoun

Post by Homayoun » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:05 am

APOCALYPSE wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:59 pm
🤷
Hi Apocalypse
If you are member of outskirts chess forum you can ask your question directly from Andrea Monza the author of brainlearn engine. His username there is “amchess”. Also Mr. Goi always compiles and updates brainlearn for his forum. You can ask him too. He is capable and skilled person too and you are also member of his forum.
Greetings

APOCALYPSE

Post by APOCALYPSE » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:42 am

Homayoun wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:05 am
APOCALYPSE wrote:
🤷
Hi Apocalypse
If you are member of outskirts chess forum you can ask your question directly from Andrea Monza the author of brainlearn engine. His username there is “amchess”. Also Mr. Goi always compiles and updates brainlearn for his forum. You can ask him too. He is capable and skilled person too and you are also member of his forum.
Greetings
Thank you very much for the advice and hint, but the Outskirts forum is the worst forum because of its admins and I don’t participate there, but Mr. Goi is a good idea and advice/tip, he is a good author of books and a wonderful person!👍

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:26 am

APOCALYPSE wrote:
🤷
am not having this problem that you are having. theres something that you haven't replaced

repalce by these files from Mr MZ
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b2x54mx2 ... rl.7z/file

and follow my first instructions you should be ok